Sunday, December 12, 2010

*Their Tree is Gone* :(

Hi all....

For those that have followed me for awhile will know that my hubby Brian was married before me and he and his ex-wife had twins that were still born.  Well, every Christmas season we head to the cemetery to decorate their graves for the Holiday.  Brian and his ex-wife also had the twins buried by a tree.  This was their graves last year after we decorated.....

You can see their Christmas tree up against the tree that Brian and his ex had them placed by....well, yesterday we went and their tree was gone! :(:(:(  Brookie and I started to clean up the area, while Brian went to the office to see what happened....the office wasn't able to give a definite answer, as the person that is in charge of the grounds isn't back until Thursday, but from what we DO KNOW... is that even if the tree had been removed because of disease or weather conditions, the cemetery is supposed to notify Brian (which didn't happen....)...so, at this point, we have to wait until Thursday to see if we can get any answers...and see if a new tree will be planted, or if the twins will be moved.... 

So, we made the best of the situation that we could, and still decorated for the twins Christmas.... (the red flags in the first photo are ones placed there by the cemetery, we are hoping that means they will be re-planting! :) Brookie's "job" is too clean out the hole that we place Christmas flowers in! She loves this job...its MUDDY! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) *the third gravestone, is the twins' maternal grandmother*










I also wanted to share some cards I have made :):):):):):):) For someone WHO NEVER ever thought could make cards... I have REALLY kicked it into gear this season!! LOL!! I had 21 MORE to make for co-workers at work...and NOW I am DONE!! All total.... I made.... 161 Christmas cards!!! *phew* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) I used a lot of different goodies on these....Crate Paper, paper from 3ndypapir.no, goodies from BlueMoonScrapbooking.com and ScrapbookCircle.com... and EAD Stickerz!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)









































And some reminders! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Don't FORGET about my big NIKKI SIVILS follower GIVEAWAY!!! See all the deets here here here here! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And I am guest designing this month on Category Stories....and if you play along with that challenge and get picked as the winner...wellllllllllllll... you CAN WIN A GUEST DESIGN SPOT ON FAVE THINGS!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


Thanks for stopping by... I appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

30 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry the Twins tree has been taken down! Hopefully they're planning on planting an even better one soon! Y'all did a fabulous job decorating for them this year!

    Your cards are so fun and merry, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they plant another tree for the twins soon. We have gone through something similar with my grandparents grave. They were buried in a particular area of the cemetery for the view... and then they tore down some of the trees and basically everything that made the view. Luckily they replanted everything... I hope the same is done for the twins.

    I can not believe you made so many cards!! Wow! I'm seriously impressed!

    The ones you posted are seriously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Sunday morning... I'm so sorry about the tree, hope they replant another that is healthy and blooming and fragrant... thinking of y'all...
    are you feeling better yet? Hope so...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I'm so sorry... and I wonder why that happen too :( :(

    Love your cards, they're all gorgeous (just like everything you make)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a sad story, and I also want to know why...
    Your cards are delicioius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a sad story, I hope you will find answers.
    Your cards are delocious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope there will be another tree planted at that spot Julie! And your cards... wow, you totally rocked the card making this year, didn't you?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that they plant another tree too. How sad that they did so without any notification. hugs to all of you for a some quick answers and fixes...
    WoW Oh WoW!!! You are rockin' these cards! They are all so awesome :) I love them all!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Much love, margie :*)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw. :( I had a similar experience recently when I went to visit my grandparents graves -- I had a hard time finding them cause the tree was gone. I'm hoping they replant too. Love all the Christmas cards!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so sad that the tree was removed. I hope you guys get some answers.
    Those cards are great Julie!!!! I can't believe what a card making maching you are. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful cards. Hopefully the cemetery replaces the twins' tree soon... maybe they'll put a more beautiful tree in it's place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, that is so sad about the tree. Hopefully something will be done for you guys.

    I have to pick up my jaw, 161 cards.............................wow. You ARE a machine!!!!!!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH, Julie...that is terrible about their tree. I hope you can get it resolved.
    ANd HOLY MOLY at the # of cards!!! YOU TRULY ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, you've been very busy, girl!
    I'm sorry to see that you're ill, and I hope you'll get better asap!
    Thank you for all, but all, your so lovely comments on my blog. You're really a kind lady.
    I'm so sorry I haven't been around lately. I wasn't in the mood for hopping around, nor had any energy... That fire tragedy took all of my energy (almost. I still have some for my boys... :)...)
    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, forgot to say that I playes some catch up with your blog, and I loved all I saw....
    I'll be back later to get some inspiration for future layouts.. }{

    ReplyDelete
  16. 161?! Wowzers!

    Sorry to hear about the tree. I hope Brian gets a good explanation, and that they give the option of planting a new tree. You guys made it look beautiful despite that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am very saddenned by your story re: the twins tree, with all the ways of communicating in this busy world and they just DON'T, but you and Brookie and Brian did such an amazing job. wow, the spot looks gorgeous. 161 cards, are you superwoman or what....oh wowsers. this is such an accomplishment. Love to you, hope you find some news really soon re: what's happenning. Your cards are stunning, each and every one so beautiful. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you get the twins tree issue resolved... your decorations are beautiful and your cards are too. I was thinking what a long post it was, then realized I had gone and read the Santa one too... She looks so cute w/him!! Take care sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so hope they replant - even if it wasn't in their plans, I am sure you guys can talk them into it! The decorations are beautiful, and such a sweet way to keep them in your lives!

    And look at ALL those cards, you have been super busy!!! They are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you find out what happened to their tree. I think that is horrible and especially to discover this at this time of year.

    your cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh sweetie,
    I hope that they have a great excuse for not informing Brian...this is insane!!
    You guys did an excellent job of decorating....the Twins must be very excited around the holiday!!
    Take care sweetie xOxO Nerina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a sad news... I hope they will give you some answers soon... but you and Brookie did well... as the spot looks great now...

    WOW you made 161 cards... hats off dearie... seriously all the cards you made... are simply beautiful... {Amazing lady!!!...thats you!!}

    have a good one...remember to rest...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is so sad that the tree is gone. I hope they are able to replace it and that there is a good explanation for not informing Brian. On a happy note, your cards are adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. YOU ARE JUST AMAZING JULIE!
    Your heart is soooooo big and I felt every word you wrote. I hope you find answers about the tree... and I love the way you all took part in decorating such a love Xmas atmosphere! Beautiful!
    Ooh and so are your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH, Julie, what a touching story! You brought tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bummer about the tree! Hope you get some answers soon!

    Amazing cards Julie. And even more amazing feat...I think I've made less than 10 X'mas cards...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cool that you guys take care of the twins' site as a family - what an important thing you are teaching Brookie about life (and sadly death)! Hope you find out some satisfactory answers about the tree. :(
    Love all those cards - wow!
    Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so sad to hear about the tree, I hope they will replace it!!!! But you managed to make it beautiful again!!!
    Love all the cards, don't you ever stop making them?????

    ReplyDelete
  29. sorry about the tree.
    love all the cards you've been making!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So sorry to hear that the tree is gone, hope you get some answers! You made it their graves beautiful!
    Loving all of your cards and I got a real Julie card!! Thanks so much sweetie!Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)