Friday, November 19, 2010

*Attitude of Gratitude - Day Nineteen* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hi all.....



Today I am grateful for a son that is growing into a nice young man... :)


Today, Adam is going to the funeral of his Dad's friend {Lee}...whom Adam always called, "Uncle Bud" ... if you could keep Adam in prayer today, it would be greatly appreciated.  Last week, Adam and I watched my old wedding video from when I married his Dad... not because of the wedding part of it...but because Lee was one of Adam's Dad's groomsmen for our wedding.... and it was wonderful to "see" him and hear his voice again.... weird, here it is almost 15 years later since I have seen that wedding video, and I KNEW when Lee was going to be on the screen and what he was going to say...every time I remembered what he said... it was sooooooooooo amazing to see that with Adam at my side... to see "Uncle Bud" one more time... to say that I shed a few tears would have been an understatement :)


And I got an award from Jocelyn yesterday! Thanks Jocelyn! :):):):):):):):):):):)

I have to do is tell you 3 things that make me different and nominate 5 blogs. So here I go...

1) People that have "met" me online and then "meet" me IRL... tell me and others that I am JUST LIKE I am online... smiley, outgoing, etc etc etc... but but but within this past year, I have been told by about 20 different people at work that before they really "knew" me... they were COMPLETELY intimidated by me... scared to approach me... weird, huh? The only thing I can think of, is at work... I am COMPLETELY focused and barely speak to anyone...(LOL! I know...hard to believe, right?!?) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


2) I live in one of the HOTTEST places on this planet (average temps during 8 months of the year are at 100 PLUS degrees! LOL) but yet I am USUALLY COLD!!! LOL! And go figure...I would GIVE anything to live anywhere else but in Arizona, anywhere that has seasons...and can you imagine how cold I would be if I did live somewhere else!! I guess its true...be careful what you wish for! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


3) My kids have neither me or their Dad's eye colors... they have my Mom's Hazel eyes! Weird, huh?? (Not sure if that one counts cuz its about my kids...but I am going for that! LOL!) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And my 5 peeps to give this too.....

Mel
Lynette
Callista
Kelly
Yvonne


And don't forget to check out my guest blogging spot over on Yvonne's blog!! Play along and you can win a Guest Design spot over on "These are a Few Of My Favorite Things!" :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

And don't forget our very SPECIAL challenge over at FAVE THINGS too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

And Deana is HOSTING a Nikki Sivils GIVEAWAY on her BLOG!! Head over HERE HERE HERE to enter! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Thanks for stopping by... I greatly appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

22 comments:

  1. Oh yes, your boy looks like a young man in this photo...you must be so proud!

    It's hard to be intimidated by someone who signs off with loads of smileys! LOL

    You should come live in Singapore....it's hot all year round!

    Thanks for the award!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only a nice young man, but also a good looking young man! Boy, you must be very proud of him, and of course - grateful.
    A big warm hug for Adam for today. It's really very sad.
    And you not very talkative?????!!! I just can't believe that... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Julie, your Adam is such a hunk!! You must be soooo proud and grateful to have such a great son!
    I'll be thinking about him today.

    And you want to live somewhere else??? Come to the Netherlands, it's such a beautiful country and the weather is always a 'surprise', lol.

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts never not leave me feeling warm and cosy Julie, I love how you have brought up your handsome son, I hope I can do just as good a job with my boy, may have to ask lots of tips.

    I am off to bed now but have to come back in the morning to check out the challenges and your Guest spot.

    Hope Brookie is feeling good and you are enjoying whatever time of day it is for you over your side of the world. I had no idea you were so hot there, we are too....

    I am overwhelmed by you offering me the wonderful blog award dear friend, I am so glad I met you and loved reading the wonderful things about you. Have a great day, love from OZ. Melxx and little Nate..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Julie, my thoughts are with your boy...dude is a tall drink of water!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe how mature he looks.... I will be thinking of him today!!!

    I loved reading about you and girlfriend.....you have to come for a visit.....but not during the winter...You would be an ice cube!!!!

    Wishing you a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Girlfriend,

    Wow.....Adam (Abum) is looking so handsome and he's certainly growing up. What a looker....you better watch out in High School, they'll gobble him up!!!!!!! I've definitely got him in my prayers, and again, I'm so sorry for your loss. Give BrookieWolek a hug from us (my husband still talks about her).

    Have a wonderfully "warm" Thanksgiving! I'm hosting about 18 this year...way down from the 30 I had last year.

    Love ya'
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADAM is a hunk eh.... my thoughts and prayers are with him.... you must be one proud momma...!!!

    Come and live here in melbourne...4 seasons in one day....

    have a good one my dearest friend..xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful picture of your son....love learning about you too! Have a super weekend, Julie!
    smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll keep Adam in my prayers! It's good to see your children grow into great adults!
    I always love learning little tidbits about my blog friends. TFS!
    Finally, thanks for passing along the award to me... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is really getting grown up!!!! and very handsome! It's always fun to learn new things about "friends"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh he is so handsome, great picture of him. My thoughts are with your son. This can't be easy for him. I am glad he had a wonderful mother like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adam looks handsome in his new shirt and tie. So sorry again for your loss.

    Big hugs...

    And ps... Thanks for the shout-out. I've had a few people comment that yup sent them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, I'm sorry about your friend and hope Adam is dealing well with all this. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers for him!
    It's great to know a little more about you. Now I really need to meet you IRL to give my point of view!
    Love you girl, have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Prayers going out for Adam. Hugs to you both! And thanks for tagging me. I will get to this first thing next week! Love learning new things about you! Have a great weekend!!!! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julie!
    Congrats on your award!!!!
    And wow, your son is only 13?! He looks older than that (not in a bad way of course!)
    I hope everything went well for him.
    Condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Abum looks so handsome. THinking of him. Hope you all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so sorry for your loss. Btw -- Adam looks so much older in that pic. (I know, you don't want to think about your boy growing up too fast...LOL). :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Will be praying for Adam. So sorry to hear.
    I love warm weather:) It's a little chilly in Texas right now and I'm not liking it one little bit.:(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adam looks very handsome... I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for him... the loss doesn't last one day...but many... it's the memories.

    going to check out BM...

    Have a lovely lovely lovely weekend!
    {{hugs}}Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. He couldn't have become one without a wonderful mom!!! He's growing up so fast!!! I'm thinking of him!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow he is so handsome, can't believe he is only one year older than Rick!!! And I am with Jenneke come and live in the Netherlands and enjoy our weather (they say we will have some snow at the end of the week)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)