Wednesday, October 27, 2010

*The hills are alive.....* :):):):):):):):):)

.....with the Sound of Music!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)


For those that don't know...I started a challenge blog about a year and a half ago called, "These are a Few of My Favorite Things"....and the concept was to scrapbook our "FAVE THINGS"...when I was creating this blog..I KNEW I wanted Julie Andrews singing "These are a Few of My Favorite Things" in the background...one, because of the title of my blog...and two, well because I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that MOVIE!!!! ..... WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...................

That is where I was LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It was playing at a local theater for ONE NIGHT only to celebrate the 45th Anniversary of the movie!!! HOW COOL IS THAT!!??!?!?!?!?! I know it may not be big to some.....but for me...*sigh*...it was HUGE!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this movie...its beautiful, the story, the music, Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer (MAN! Did I have the BIGGEST CRUSH on him every time I watched this movie growing up...and seeing him on the BIG SCREEN last night...*sigh*...I still think he is HOT in that movie!! LOVE HIM!)....ANYWHO....off track there...LOL LOL LOL.... I was soooooooooo excited when my friend asked me to go with him...he said I was the first one that came to mind!!! YAY!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) 

And it was a sing-along movie!!! They showed all the lyrics at the bottom of the screen and the ENTIRE audience did sing along!! SO FUN! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)



It was PURE MAGIC to see it on the BIG SCREEN!! WOW!! I fell more in love with that movie last night!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I am WAY tired....didn't get to bed till 11'ish...which may not be big for some...but I get up at 3:30!!!! LOL!! So, I am a little tired today.... and I see my blog roll is getting longer the more I type...so I will be catching up with everyone this morning and tonight!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):) Thanks so much for stopping by...I appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

42 comments:

  1. Yay! So much fun, I bet sitting in that audience with everyone singing was just the neatest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is that.....I would have loved to attend with you!!!

    Get some rest Miss Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome!!! not that you're tired but awesome about the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Sounds cool singing along!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo, that sounds like soooo much fun!!
    Glad you had an exciting night out!!

    Take some rest, Julie!!!! You can skip my blog and I think everyone will feel the same!!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  6. how awesome!! That sounds like so much fun! Thank you for your help with my blogger question. I hope you got yours figured out too - looks like you have?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie...LOVE that movie too!! A sing along at the big screen...wow..I'm jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is that?! I've never heard of such a thing, but would LOVE to attend a showing like that sometime. Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like so much fun, I also LOVE that movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You Lucky, Lucky thing and you got to sing along what a great night you must have had.
    Ju xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. that IS soo cool!!! So glad you got to do that! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is too much fun!! And it is one of the best movies ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wohoo!!!! Sounds like a fantastic night out!!! And the sing along version too! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Love Love Julie Andrews. She has an amazing voice. So glad that you enjoyed your great evening of fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. how awesome!!!!! i love that movie too and haven't seen it in forever! i just may have to go buy it now :)

    xo
    sarabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds like a night of pure fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A sing along soud of music... this is just perfect. I'm sooo jalous lol !

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a bit disappointed you didn't dress up as well!! How much fun is that??
    I will admit that I always spend the rest of the day humming my favourite things after visiting your site..

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. How much fun!!! And by the way- your blog music is stuck in my head :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. wowwee Julie... Fantastic... So much FUN!!... worth to be tired eh... now ... take it easy and rest... xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've actually never seen the movie. I would LOVE to .... I'm going to add it to my netflix right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh how fun! Glad you had a great night:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. glad you had a great time. i hate to say this, but I don't remember if I ever watched this in its entirety. I'm curious about it now. and i don't know how you manage 3:30am..I'd be in a mental fog all day if I did that. I'm more of a night owl. =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like a FUN night!

    Ok... so looking forward to seeing the Tucker-Wolek family soon... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I would love to have the chance to see the Sound of Music. You lucky girl. The fact that it was a sing a long is fabulous!!!! Better catch up on some sleep sweet thing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How cool is that! What a blast!
    I am so jealous! I would love to have the chance to see the Sound of Music.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I still love this classic! How fun! Love the sing-along part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is SOOOO AWESOME!! And you got to sing along? Sounds like a super fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I wish I was there...love the movie know the song..and it was in the Netherlands but at that time I had no time...grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  30. How fun!! :) So happy for you Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This sounds great, julie.
    So glad you gad a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, lightbulb just went on, I had no idea this was your challenge blog, I will do a layout tonight all going well, but can I email it to you and put on my blog the next day, I am so sorry I haven't seen this great challenge site before.....

    I love the Sound of music and how wonderful it is 45yrs since the making, wow, now I feel super old. I love the pic with you pointing to the sign in the theatre. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. The Sound of Music, Sing Along at a theatre!!! That is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I guess I could sing most of those songs (not all though...) and it sounds like major fun going to a sing-along movie! LOVE that photo of you under the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  35. That remains the most popular classic musical of all time. I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I've been to a Sound of music sing along a few years ago and it was FUN!!! We all dressed up like the Von Traps and got a bag with all kinds of goodies to use during the movie (to bad I didn't scrap back than, cause I don't have any pics how dumb is that?) Good to see you had such a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fun!! I love the layouts! That old barn is so neat! And on your previous post, I am so glad you are keeping up with your monthly tradition! Cute pics!
    And the newest post, baby Adam in 2nd grade---Awwww!! What a cutie!
    Hope you are all doing great! <3

    ReplyDelete
  38. Dear Julie, I am so glad that you love this movie and enjoyed it so much - BUT I have never really liked it AND it was my ex-husband's favorite movie so............

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh, Julie, I love love love that movie too.....
    And yes, Christopher Plummer is hot....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  40. I do love that movie. I used to watch it every year at Christmas time. They just had the reunion on Oprah I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)