Saturday, September 4, 2010

*totally random things I don't wanna forget* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

hi all....


Last Saturday....my friend Heidi and I took Bethany Kartchner's beginners art journal class... now...here is my disclosure...there are soooooooo many people that I know that can "pull off" the art journal....including Bethany and Heidi and Michelle LR, Marit, Dina Wakely, Krista...and a whole slew of other people that I just can't think to name right now...LOL!  But, sadly....I am not thinking I pulled it off...and that is ok! :):):):):):) Bethany is an AMAZING teacher, Heidi was sitting right next to me...so her FAB-O mojo should have been rubbing off on me....but I just don't have the 'art journal' gene in me...and I am ok with that...I still love what I made from Bethany's class.....and I will have it for all time...and in the end....that is the whole point! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Soooooooo I titled mine..."Totally random things I don't wanna forget"....and when I was taking the class...I told Bethany that I wasn't going to make this "artsy" (as we all know, that is just not my style...)....but rather a book of totally random photos that I may or may not ever put in a scrapbook page, but I want to remember those moments! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) So without further ado...here is my book! :):):):):):):):):):):)
*click on any of the images to get a better view of the journaling* :):):):):):):):):)
























 *thank goodness I have a big booty....lol...easier to write my journaling on!!!* LOL! :):):):):):):):)























 *hehehehe...now Deana can know what she looks like with an arm tattoo!* LOL! :):):):):):):):):)










I used a lot of different things I had in my stash on this.... some SRM stickers, flowers from Tessa's ETSY, goodies from Diana's ETSY, some happy mail from Alecia, some happy mail from Jeanet, Jenneke and Hanneke, Nikki Sivils Willow Bee cloud stamps, goodies from BlueMoonScrapbooking.com.....and I think that's all I wanted to point out!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)


I also wanted to point you in the direction of my dear friend Meri!!!! She is the one that made Brookie the fabric checkers set...and she is having a GIVEAWAY on her blog to celebrate her BIRTHDAY!!! CHECK it OUT here! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And Leeanne is selling Nikki Sivils Willow Bee 6x6 paper pads in her online store!! YAY!!! Check it out here!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

And me and Brookie got some happy mail!! :):):):):) From Alecia!! Thanks Alecia!! I loveeeeeeeeee it...and if you noticed in the above photos...I used the pink 'laugh' tag in my journal book! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And we went to dinner last night with Amanda, Dani, Nikki and us....Dani and Amanda leave tomorrow....time flies too fast when friends visit! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

*I warned Amanda I'd take a pic with her eating...and she didn't believe me!! LOL!* :):):):):):):):):):)


I am sure that I am missing something....but this is one LONG post all ready...so Julie Out! :):):):):):) thanks for stopping by.... I really appreciate it!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

46 comments:

  1. i think your art journal is arty - and it's personal which, i think is the whole point! if you found any fun in it, if it touched a part of you that isn't always tapped by your other work - then you have an art journal and you should think about doing it again. i simply don't have the vision or skill set to create like michelle, marit, jeanet, etc. and i'm mostly good at letting that go. but the process takes me to a different place than my scrapping and that's good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie,

    That's quite the journal, and so bright and happy, too! I agree that BrookieWolek is your twin, except that she smiles with her teeth, which I'm gonna' keep bugging you about........when are you gonna' show us your lovely smile?

    Hey, thanks for the shout out......you're the best!

    Love ya'
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  3. The album is great. I love the whole idea about it!!!
    Great photos, too!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the album....you did a great job!!!! What a great way to use pics that you love!!!

    I just signed up for another class with Marit....I loved the first one I took with her...so I a super excited to start this one!!

    Have a wonderful Holiday weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the tattoos... ;) hahaha! and you so don't have a big booty. ;)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie.... Your art journal is GORGEOUS!!!!! I'm especially impressed by the way you did the backgrounds.... So cool!!!
    So sorry to read that Brookie needs surgery again. If it helps; she's young and she will recover quickly from this operation! Give her a big HUG from me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, you DID totally pull off the art journal!!! I LOVED IT!!!!! How fun that must have been to put together...and omgosh those wedding photos!!!!! I seriously swooned!!!! Writing your names on the wall on the way to your honey moon....Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! Thats so romantic!! I'm jealous!! Wait.......Bob has my name stenciled and stained into his M1 garande stock(it a rifle....lol) that he uses in competiton....thats romantic right??? LOL. yeah I know :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun book...I really enjoyed looking through it and seeing all your memories, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is no right or wrong in art journaling! I think you did a great job! Such a fabulous creation to store your fave memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet way to remember some sweet memories, Julie!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Julie... thats quite a journal eh... a good one!!!... Amazing... It's a good thing to journal.... happy memories... stay!!...Love it...its awesome...

    Beautiful pictures too...brookie, adam and amanda... all so darling!!...xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome journal, looks like you guys have been having a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE THIS!!! I'm gonna do that too!! I studied EVERY page... wow...just great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your book! It is so you and that is the whole point of a journal anyway!!!

    I love seeing your wedding pics - I remember when you got married and still have my M&M cards you sent me from your honeymoon. :) I have used some for ATCs. :):):):):):):)

    Hope you Tucker-Wolek's have a grand holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you did an amazing job with the project Julie!! It's beautiful. I love how you silhouetted some of the photos. And, for real, little you and little Brookie ARE twins...LOL :)

    Hope you're having a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm totally lovin your journal!! All the different stories were really fun to see and read about!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your journal looks great!!! I love the theme and all your little touches!!!!!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your art journal! See that's the thing about them. They can be whatever you want them to be!
    FYI... you were such a gorgeous bride!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful mini book with great memories to cherish for ever.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How can you say this album isn't artsy??? It's totally artsy, and you did a wonderful job!!!! I love it, and I do hope you'll try this style more often, because you rocked it!!!!!!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooooh, that album looks so cute!!!! I always like mini-albums, it's so much fun to make one! Great job! And your wedding photo's are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is so cute! Great idea!! :) :) :) :) LOVE IT! Hope your enjoying your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a nice thing .... A life in a book! I love the way you created it and I watched it over and over again and searching for cute elements and sweet journaling... Fab piece Julie...I think I have to do something like this!!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Soooo much FUN!!!! Love this random things idea, soooo cool!!! And gorgeous bright and happy colors!!!! You rock this your own way!!! For sure!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think your album is lovely! What a great place for all your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful book, great memories & photos & I'm honored that I could be part of it... tatoo & all!

    Hope you're enjoying your Labor Day weekend, Julie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow julie!your book is really wonderful!!!and i think it's artsy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What do you mean saying you're not very good in art journaling.. and then post pics that proves otherwise.. Your journal is awesome Julie! It's said in above comments, but I will repeat it: and art journal can be anything! If it's "you" and made from the heart, then it is! If you prefere it "minibook" and feel more comfortable with that, please do but never EVER say you're no "good at it"!!! YOU ARE!!!! Everyone is!!! I LOVE the bright colours and all the photos and journaling (tatoos with a smile!!!) Just play like you are a little kid, feel free and enjoy, that's all you need - and then proudly call it an art journal dear!!!! (PS how sweet of you to mention my name - you made me blush with your compliment!)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think it turned out great! Artsy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Julie, You did a GREAT job on this you are not giving yourself near enough credit! I want to make one now that is the sweetest little book I have ever seen:) Great job girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Julie, You did a GREAT job on this you are not giving yourself near enough credit! I want to make one now that is the sweetest little book I have ever seen:) Great job girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your art journal Julie! Artsy it is my dear!!Loving those backgrounds..wow, you rock!!I love those randomes things!!
    Lucky you, I would love a workshop with Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Julie,
    there is no good or bad in art journaling, only what is important to you - you journal is wonderful - full of things that rock your life - I like your focus on the things that you love and that make you happy - most journals that I have seen focus internally on the person making them while yours is filled with love and concern for others - a true reflection of you - thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi. Wow, I think your journal is fantastic. i love it!!!! =) great photos and journaling. you really did an awesome job.

    hope you are having a great day. Happy Labor Day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Julie, that book is really a treasure. Looking over your pictures and journaling I thought how wonderful it will be in 50 years to look at it. You, your kids, their kids, will really enjoy it!
    Hope you're having a great Labor Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Julie!!! I love this random book!!! What a great idea!!! The colors are so vivid and I love how you cropped the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. your album is just lovely... packed full of wonderful memories... love it!!
    {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful! What a lovely journal... I love your wedding photos. Had no idea you were a newlywed! Just gorgeous...
    Oh, the candle smells like mangrove flowers. Always reminds me of the Keys. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. That is a great journal and I love the insides of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love that it is just free style...whatever ya feel like.
    I want to do more of that.
    Feels like it is for me instead of for someone else. I absolutely love the pages!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I think you did an amazing job on your art journal!! I love it!!! Love to see all the photo's actually there where a few I haven't seen before!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a great book. That will be a terrific keepsake forever. I love all the pictures and the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I LOVE this mini album!
    I love the vibrant colors, the so many embellishments, and of course - the photos!
    Great project, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wowwwww Julie, cute, cute álbum, I love this mini, love the bright colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)