Wednesday, September 15, 2010

*the giving tree* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

hi all....


Today our latest challenge went live at "These are a Few of My Favorite Things!" And this time we want to know your FAVE POEM!!! For me, it will always and forever be, "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that book...... I have made several lo's previously using this poem as inspo...and I have another one to share for this challenge! :):):):):):):):):):):):)




 



I used the September ScrapbookCircle.com kit on this lo! :):):):):):):):) I wrote down the entire book "The Giving Tree" around the edges of this LO! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)  Hope you all can come and play along! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And today my lo I made with Bo Bunny's "Olivia" collection is being shown on the Blue Moon BLOG!! Head over there and check her out! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) This was Brookie back in May, when her BFF Audrey and us Mom's went to the childrens museum where they learned to "cook" pizza made of felt and yarn! SOUNDS YUMMY, right??? LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)






And and and and I also have SOMETHING exciting to share!!! Well.. its not about me... lol lol lol!... but but but... LOOK at ADAM yesterday morning (not the cute photos on the wall... those are LITTLE Adam, in the little suit...and  little Brookie...the photo right over Adam's shoulder...) ...but okay... back to my story...
This is ADAM this MORNING.........


And here is ADAM yesterday afternoon.........

Do you see it?!?!??!?!?! Today... Adam got his braces off!!!! It was a VERY long struggle with them...as the first orthodontist we found LITERALLY flipped out and closed his business after 25 years and MOVED out of state!! (And YES! We had all ready PAID for the braces!)... so I had to dispute the charge, wait to get my $$$$ back and then find a new orthodontist that had to take off the old braces (I guess orthodontists don't work on each others braces?!?!?)... and then put a WHOLE new set on and start all OVER!! Poor Adam has been in braces for almost 4 years because of this ordeal... BUT TODAY...they ARE OFF!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ADAM!! Doesn't his teeth look AWESOME! :):):):):):) He is sooooooooo happy! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And I got some happy mail yesterday! YAY!!! First, from Andrea!!! Thanks girl.. I loveeeeeeeeeeee my goodies! :):):):):):):):) One of the things she sent me was a Peacock feather, as we have discovered that BOTH me and Andrea's families have Peacock's in them!!!! When I first saw that Andrea had left a comment on someone's blog (I believe it was Beth Perry's!) about loving a Peacock feather on her project and how her family name was Peacock... I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY!! That was my Grandma's name too!! Sooooooooo I emailed Andrea and told her... and we have been virtual cousins ever since! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And I also got the CUTEST buttons and little owl from AMY!! Thanks AMY!! I soooooooooooo love love love love love them!! CAN NOT wait to use them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


Thanks for stopping by....I appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

41 comments:

  1. YAY for Adam!! :) So happy for him!

    & Brookie trying to cook... 2 cute!!


    I am so excited about the Fave things challenge. I have a poem in mind already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE the journaling you did on that fav poetry LO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Adam!!!! But he still has to wear retainers right? I did! ;)

    Awesome layouts! I love the journaling on the first one....so gonna CASE that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super intresting your poem LO!!! I love the words written all arround - it gives me the idea how much you love it. I'm happy for Adam!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layouts - the journaling on the poem layout is amazing!

    Congrats to Adam! His teeth look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Giving Tree LO, what a picture and the journaling looks awesome!!! I love that paper in the learning to cook LO, those flowers are fabulous!!! And what fun new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can understand Adam's excitement. Woohoo Adam!!! I had brace's for years too. tell him to wear his retainer, very important.. =)

    I just had to pop over and tell you that layout from Fav Things is AWESOME!!! really really awesome. =)

    Happy Wednesday!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adam looks great, you must be so proud and pleased that the hardest bit is over with..

    Love the Fav things Lo, I have never read The Giving Tree so must find a copy. Have read about it on a number of North American blogs but had nver come across it here.
    xx

    PS just read that you are continuing on the Sketchy Thursday Team, yay and congratulations, it looks like a great team this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG @ that "giving tree " LO!!!!!! I LOVE THAT!!!! I am gonna totally steal that idea one day :) Adam looks so handsome!!! And congrats on another term at sketchy thursdays too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your giving tree layout is wonderful...really...love it....

    soo chock full of goodness today...hooray for the braces coming off!!!! I remember when I got my braces off...I was so proud to go to school only to have none of my gf's notice...boooo..but the boy that I had a crush on noticed...haha...ahhh to be young again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie,

    I'm so happy for Adam. My middle child, Caitlin, had to have braces twice as they put them on too early the first time, took them off, and then realized her teeth were still moving and put them back on. I can so relate to your experience with it. Tell Adam he has an exceptionally handsome smile now, and should show it off all the time.

    Wow, do he and BrookieWolek look alike or what!

    That poem layout would have done me in just with all the writing.....but if anyone could do it........it's you!

    Love ya'
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the new fave challenge julie!!! your lo's are so gorgeous!!! i really love the journaling on the first one!!! i'm jealous on your beautiful handwriting!!!;D;D;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that poem also! I read it almost every year and share it when I can with kids!
    Great post today!
    Yay for your son!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these!! Love how you put the book/poem on the first..and what a fun little cook!!! Adam looks fab... we're just starting the ortho thing w/Joe..hope we don't have a horror story like yours!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah for happy mail! And congrats to Adam for getting his braces off! Love the layouts, always loved the Giving Tree and you have such great printing! Brookie will be in my thoughts on the 7th when she has her tonsils out and hopefully my mom will be finding out what the heck is going on! Have a great day Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a fabulous smile - yay Adam!! i love that poem, but it always makes me do the ugly cry - great page, i love love how you wrote the poem all around!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great smile Adam!! I had braces for only 2 yrs., and the day I got them off was a very happy one for me! I haven't stopped smiling since :)
    Love the layouts too!! The cooking one is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for no braces!

    The Giving Tree is such a great poem. Fantastic layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your poetry layout is just brilliant - I especially love how you wrote the poem on the paper - and what a cool layout of Brookie cooking. Congrats to Adam - I too had braces for several years and then sadly after they came off, my top teeth moved back to their old places - ugh! but the bottom ones are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yay!!!! So glad you got my package!!!!! I wasn't sure if you got that magazine so when I picked up mine I picked up an extra copy thinking of you : )
    I am loving both Lo's Julie!!!!! The first one is just wonderful!!!! I soooo have to play along.
    Congrats to Adam for getting the braces off. What a fabulous smile!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, YAY Adam! That LO is fabulous, I can't believe you wrote all that along the edge. That is called patience! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your layouts! They are both so beautiful!! :)
    And congrats to adam! So good for him to get the braces off.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahh! The Giving Tree. I cry whenever I read it.

    Adam~woo hoo! I remember the feeling well. Sweet boy will get his braces soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What I loved most about the first layout is the way you journaled!! Wonderful. And Adam's smile looks stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love both those layouts but the way you journaled the Giving Tree is amazing!!! (i'm a huge fan of that as well, and i'm digging that you did a LO about it!)

    ReplyDelete
  26. GASPing! Wow, you 'the giving tree' LO is amaaaaaaaaaaazing!!! I love how you wrote the poem all around! and such a precious and touching pic of Brookie! It means so much to see someones heart really takeover their work! Beautiful job my friend!
    Super cute '2 cook' LO too! How fun and whimsy! I wish I had a pizza oven like that ;)
    And a HUGE Congrats to Adam!!! yea!!! How exciting! I had probs with my ortho too, and had to redo and keep my braces on an extra year! I was the only one out of my group of friends to still have them halfway thru my Junior year! lol! So I totally feel where he was coming from! Smile Adam - very handsome :)
    Enjoy your new goodies!
    hugs, margie :*)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Seriously, FAv... poem!!! I think this challenge is right up my alley! Love, love, love that layout for the giving tree... just as much as I loved your other one that you created not long ago!!! Congrats, Adam!!! So happy for you!

    Love the other layouts as well!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good grief! What a fiasco with the orthodontist! Well... 4 years later... his smile is beautiful! Glad it all worked out for the best.

    And your FAV POEM LO is my new FAV Julie LO. Love, love, love it. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

    Big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  29. i remember when i got my braces off. it was one of the best days of my life! =P

    sorry i haven't been by in a while. i haven't been to very many blogs recently. yikes! i need to work on that.

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a relief to get those bracelets of!And he has beautiful teeth!What a great smile!
    Love your layouts Julie, that poem is so wonderful!Love all your writing around the photo!
    Yay for happy mail!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fab journalling idea on your Giving LO ! And those owl buttons are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  32. YAY for Adam.... and look at brookie darling... too cute!!!

    What a fabulous Los... I love the way you did the journalling ...Awesome Julie...xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yeah Adam! Loving that layout with all of the journaling--SUPERB!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I soooo love your lo for fave things!! Love how you journaled over the whole page and I love that photo of Brookie at the grave, so precious!! And wow look at Adam, looking good without his braces, way to go Adam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. His teeth are beautiful. Its looks like Blake will need braces too. His teeth use to be so straight, but as he gets older they seem to be separating. :(

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh wow, Adam looks good with his awesome teeth!! Love how you journaled all around the page, lots of writing and I am sure it will be remembered for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Way to go for Adam!!!
    And those layout are too cute! I adore the way you wrote the whole poem!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Adam looks great. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  39. yeah for Adam! They look great! I can't believe that dentist!! GRRR! That makes me so mad when I hear things like that. :( I'm glad you were able to get your money back and it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  40. yeah for Adam... so handsome... and what an ordeal.... glad that over I'm sure... don't you just love happy mail... it makes life sweet... enjoy!!! {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  41. again with the p.s.
    I'm bad... trying to catch up.. love love love love the lo... and that giving tree lo... is fab... it really is something special... {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)