Monday, August 16, 2010

*Tara needs our help* :):):):):):):):):):):)

hi all...

Saturday...my bloggy friend Tara posted on her blog about friends of hers that was in a tragic airplane crash in San Diego on August 2nd. The Mom in the family died at the scene, the Son was later pronounced dead at the hospital....now there are two Sisters and their Dad left...and they are in critical condition at the hospital....Tara has asked for cards to be made for the Sisters to help them through this tragic time... Summer (age 11), and Tia (age 10) are their names....and please please please please ...if you can....please visit TARA'S BLOG POST RIGHT HERE to get all the details on sending cards to these two little girls that have lost their Mom and little Brother...... Thanks! I really appreciate it! :)

Here are the cards I made for them.......




And here is another card I made for a BUTTON HOARDING friend of mine...and nope...I ain't gonna tell you who it is...as it is being mailed off today! LOL! Of course...with the description of  "BUTTON HOARDING" friend...you are all probably saying its you, right??? LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):) I know I am one too! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):) I made all these cards with Nikki Sivils Blueberry Hill line! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And I had a few questions on my last post...which included this lo.... (MY NEW FAVE....just sayin'! LOL) :):):):):):):):)


One person asked if I photo my work outside....YES! I do! :):):):):):):):) I like the natural light the best for my photos of my lo's....{{but it is going to sound like I am going against what I just said}}....I DO take my photos outside... BUT BUT BUT..I take them in the shade as the sun leaves shadows (me no like that! LOL!) and the sun causes glare for me on my photos! :):):):):):) Ohhhhhhh and it was asked what I use for editing...I use Picasa :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
I was also asked if these were two Prima papers....YES! They are...they are from the same line...and I just punched a bunch of circles out of one of them and inked the edges before I laid them down :):):):):):) And..I was asked about the big pink flower....sorry....I don't remember the name of the company that I got the big pink flower from..I do know that it is a Vinyl Transfer Sticker that I got on clearance...and I was done hoarding it and used it on here!!....anyone out there know the name of the company that made that pink flower??? I thought it might be Making Memories....but not seeing this type of Vinyl Sticker when I google it???? :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Thanks for stopping by...and thanks for checking out Tara's blog post too....I appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

29 comments:

  1. oh wow. that big pink splotch was a flower? LOL.....this is why I do miserably on those rorshach test things....I thought you had gotten wild with paint and just stood back and let it land where it may.......I've went back and looked 3 times now....still not seein the flower......need meds adjusted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad! I'll definitely make them some cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julie Sweetie...
    I will go right over, and get an address and yes, I will make a couple of cards to send to these two precious babes. I will also be holding this family up in prayer.

    Thank you for posting about this sweet friend.

    Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Julie, this is so kind of you to post on your blog. Words cannot express how much this means to me.
    I love the cards you made, so bright and cheery! Your prayers are also appreciated. Only God can get this family through this unbelievable ordeal and there is so much power in prayer!

    Thank you again for posting this on your blog, you have a heart of gold my friend!
    :)
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. how sad!.... my prayers are with her...

    Love your cards... Fun, Bright and definitely Cheery Sheery!!... love them all..xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How tragic!! Of course I will visit Tara's blog and make the cards, poor girls!!
    You make the photo's outside? Can't do that right now cause it's pouring today!!!:(
    Have a great week!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sad sad story, you made lovely cards for the two girls..so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a tragic story!And so sweet of you to make those cheery cards.Thanks for ponting it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sad for this father and his little girls!!!i have no words for it, so terrible!
    the cards you made are beautiful, love the bright colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a tragedy!!! The cards you made for the girls are lovely! I'll try to make the cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sad news!! Hope the family is recovering. You are such a kind soul and I am sure the cards will cheer them up :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sad news!! Hope the family is recovering. You are such a kind soul and I am sure the cards will cheer them up :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey sweet lady,

    Thank you for letting us know about those in need. Such a tragedy and it's so good to know there are folks like you around to spread the awareness and care.

    Love ya'
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a tragedy - your bright and fun cards are sure to cheer them up. you are such an inspiration Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Prayers to that family...will head to Tara's blog and get the info and some cards/goodies sent to them! Love this layout...Is that flower HAMBLY, maybe? Love all the layouts in the prior post too! & the jumprope story is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so sad about the family! I'll never understand how life works sometimes... TFS!
    That LO is so cute--love the pink flower and all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a tragedy....My prayers go out to them all.
    Your cards are so bright and cheery and the layout is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a terrible tragedy. Thoughts and prayers to them.
    Julie you are such an amazing friend to do this for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey lady thought i would just stop by to give you a big VIRTUAL hug!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous LO! I can see why it is a fave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cards and layout, Julie!

    Thanks for always leaving me lovely comments on my blog! I've been so busy, I haven't had a chance to stop by! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those cards are so lovely and bright. xx
    Love your tips about photos, I've just done a small course and they said the same thing with taking the photos and they recommend picasa (free to download) too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Darling cards, Julie... such a sad, sad, sad reason to make them. Heading over there now. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my heart goes out to that family. I will keep them in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hate hearing news like this...my prayers go out to that family. And your kindness is overwhelming Julie- your cards are beautiful and your heart is gold. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aww such sad news :( I will def check it out and get some cards made. Im a button hoarder, how did you know ;) I wish i could photo my stuff outside but I do all my work at night :D lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. you are quite a cardmaker. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is horrible! Your cards are really pretty and sure to lift their spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  29. how sad... I'll be praying and will try to get some cards done... don't know if it will happen... but I will try.... {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)