Sunday, July 25, 2010

*my loves* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

hi all......


yesterday I went to Bethany Kartchner's class with my friend Heidi.... had a blast... and sadly didn't get my project completed in class... but lucky for me... as when I was reading through my blog list this AM... I came across "The Studio's" latest challenge which is to make something with some new goodies and some of your stash!! PERFECT for what I started making yesterday in Bethany's class and finished this morning!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):) Bethany taught us different techniques for the mini book we were making... and here is my completed project! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)










































 




Ok....so let's see.... the new items include the items Bethany included in her class materials..which is the mini book itself, the stars, MLS alphas, the shimmerz products we used in class, and MY new items I added to this...which include Sassafrass alphas,  Lillibee rub ons, blue flower from Tessa Buys ETSY Shop, and from my "old" stash are...the felt heart on the binding rings which I got from my dearest Gudrun, the Prima flowers on the front cover, the wings, the yellow trim, the "Love is a many splendored thing," flair buttons, twine, "you" letters from Prima, button flowers, SRM Stickers, metal flowers from my dearest Jeanet, tags from K&Co., and one of my tissues flowers that I learned how to make in Bethany's last class:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) Yeah, yeah... I know... I used more stash than NEW stuff... but hey... its better than hoarding it forever!! LOL! I have been trying to be better at using it... it looks prettier on a project, then tucked away in my tote bag! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

And let's see.... Brookie got a get well gift from Katelyn!! Thanks HONEY!! She loved her presents!! She now is all EXCITED about silly bandz... as now she has some from Nate and you!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


and wanted to also share the sunset we had last night... *sigh* love it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)



***EDIT*** Nikki Sivils has JUST announced another NEW LINE on her blog tonight.... with YET ANOTHER GIVEAWAY!!! Leave a COMMENT HERE HERE HERE and you could have a chance at winning FOUR of her LATEST COLLECTIONS!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!! :):):):):):):):):) And congrats to my dear dear dear friend Sherry (Country Wings in Phoenix) for winning the last giveaway Nikki hosted!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):) And guess what????? This latest collection she showed tonight has a PAPER in it NAMED after ME!!!! OMYGOSH!! I was BEYOND honored when Nikki told me!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart Nikki!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Here is the paper that is named "For Julie" :):):):):):):):):):):):):) *sigh* such an honor! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


Thanks for stopping by... I really appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) 


47 comments:

  1. ohmigosh how cute is that??????? :):):) I have several litle mini books here and ahve eyt to do anything with them....I *NEED* to use them!!!!! You have inspired me as well.....love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your album! I especially love all the different fonts and the oh-so-fun colors! And that little blue flower looks great :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Julie Sweetie...
    I love this project. One of these days I would love to go to one of these classes with you. This is an awesome project. A book of your family. Does it say LOVE or what? I love the capture for Catching some air. That is precious. You are a very talented gal sweet friend.

    No good news from the dr. on Friday. I cried. 2 more weeks - no talking at work, and as little as possible at home. I have to continue the steroids. I am so tired of them. I have places that hurt, didn't even know some existed. Quite painful. The dr. went on to tell me that I may not get my voice back. The squeaky, raspy voice that I have, may be all that I get. Does not make me happy. Today I am better. I have had time to take it all in. We'll see what time brings me.

    One day soon, we must get together. Even if it is just to go to lunch and do a little shopping. I have missed friends most of all.

    Many hugs sweetie and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh fantastic mini!!! Soooo artsy and creative and gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the mini!! So very festive for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabby and summery! Love all the bright colours! Thanks for playing along with us again this week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that mini, sistah!!!
    The colors are so bright and cheery, can't help but smile!!!!!
    What a fantastic photo of the sky!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project!! love it.....so bright and fun....of course I would love it....miss speedy herself made it. :) how funny we BOTH posted projects on the same day with the same rub ons! LOL LOL

    and yeah...saw the email and I almost emailed you back...but then I was running late and forgot!!! Yeah...I figured you went for the FIRST one! hee heee

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! Gorgeous mini, love the techniques and bright happy colors and the way you journalied right on the photos! Love love it!
    And that's an AWESOME sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such the happy mini Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Mini ... sooo pretty and I love all the colors!! Great!! Brookie looks so cute!! *Ü* *Ü* *Ü* *Ü* *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome, awesome book!! Looks like it must have been a super fun class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that mini is FABULOUS! I think I'm mistaken but I thought you had confessed at one point that when you do a class and don't finish it there you take forever to finish it at home. I must be mistaken because that album is finished and it ROCKS!!!!! Love that you used more old stash than new.

    ReplyDelete
  14. super fun mini!! And gorgeous sunset!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in love with that book Julie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh My Julie.... Such a happy and bright Mini... it's pretty and sweet...love it... nice photos too... I love to see Brookie's smile... the sweetest darling....xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute Julie! You did a great job:) Brookie is just a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Silly bands on no. All the kids love them here.
    LOve your mini book too. Those scary the crap out of me. I should really take a class to conquer that fear. I don't have a clue where to start.
    So glad Little miss B is feeling better. I hope she doesn't have to go through another treatment for a long long time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an AWESOME mini! So fun, colorful & happy... my FAV kind! And... oh those crazy silly bands! We have enough to open a store here! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julie! I love the sweet book of your "loves". Your family is always so happy :) Thats so awesome! I love the photo of the gorgeous AZ sunset!
    I hope you are staying cool and have a pretty week.
    Happy Creating, (()) gail

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julie Sweetie...
    Oh My Gosh, I have emailed Nikki. I can't believe it. Now you really are going to have to come over and work with me. I can't wait for the goodies to come. I just needed a little push from you. I know once I get started it will be all down hill for me.

    I can't wait. I so needed this today. I am over the top thrilled. This is like getting something from a movie star. From Nikki Sivil herself. Yeah...

    Thank you sweet friend for the invite to go over and enter. We will do that craft day soon. I only hope you will be able to understand what I say. This writing business gets quite old believe me.

    Love you girl. Many hugs...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your book is great girl! Wow love the techniques and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this Julie!!! :) I can't believe you're married to a BrAin too!! hee hee!! My Brian has his name misspelled like that all the time and laughs about it!! And I don't think he'll ever admit he can't be an athlete forever... sigh... :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome job with the mini book Julie!! Love the star page with all their names on it ... gorgeous!!
    And how COOL is that having a paper named after you ... and what a gorgeous paper too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Look at you go girl!!! LOVE the JULIE paper:) Your mini rocks my socks off too!!! BIG HUGS for a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Look at you go girl!!! LOVE the JULIE paper:) Your mini rocks my socks off too!!! BIG HUGS for a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great book! Looks like a fun class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an adorable mini! And congrats on the "Julie" paper, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So love that mini - so much painting and fun - and how cool to go to a class with a friend! Love the sunset photo!!! and yay for the Julie paper!!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a cute mini!! And paper, named after Julie- that is the coolest ever:) Hugs girl!

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow - what a gorgeous mini album! i love it all, you really outdid yourself on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great mini! I saw that paper on Nikki's site! How fun that one is named Julie! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  33. you always make the cutest things. I wish I had mojo like you! :)
    the sunset is gorgeous! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  34. For the love of mini-books that is just TOOOOOOOOO awesome! I love it! I love the colors - just so stunning and eye catching!!!

    I will let Katelyn know Brookie got her goody box! I am so glad she liked them. ;o) She is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow... what a stunning album!!! I just love it... I bet you and Heidi had a blast!

    Wow, paper named after you... that is just fabulous!!! You go girl... what is next?

    ReplyDelete
  36. what a srunning mini album - goegeous and congrats on the paper being named after you, can I pretend it's named after me as well ;)
    Take Care Hun - Ju xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. that is the cutest thing I've seen! I'm love the "coffee ring" look that you did with paint! I haven't been able to get the paint to work well...but last night I used coffee on kraft paper for pages I'm doing on a Kona Coffee tour :)
    Awesome using so much of your stash!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. It's all so very very cute! And that sunset, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  39. How I wish I live in the US, I would love to attend Beth's class!! She is so artistic. I like what you did with the album, the colors are amazing!! Nice name for a paper *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  40. I LOVE that mini book Julie. One of my fave things I've seen on your blog. It's so touchey feely. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. OMG!!!!!!!!! That is so great! I am will totally have to buy it now. Who wouldn't want Julie paper!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. great mini, love all the bright colors!! And I love all the stars and the big butterfly!!! And how cool is that having your own paper!!
    Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love your book! Very cute. And the sunset . . . amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. absolutely adorable... wow this is just sooooooo cute!!! wonderful and love the pics!!!
    {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  45. Ohhh! Your mini turned out so stinking awesome! I LOVE what you did with it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)