Monday, March 15, 2010

*dear adam....* and no...not my adam :):):):):):):):)

hi all....

I don't normally do two posts in one day...but hehehehehehe U ever have one of THOSE days where a project just HITS U and U have to get it done like YESTERDAY??? Even if U have four million other things on your plate??? :):):):):) That was me today......

Last night I read on a new friends blog that her son Adam has Autism....and his Mama is not only attending a walk for Autism event, but she is also hosting a crop at her local scrap store to raise funds for Autism.  Ummmmmmmmm can U say bestest Mama ever???? :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sooooooooo I was lucky enough to meet Kiki at CHA and she was kind and generous enough to give me some of her products to play with....soooooooo I remembered that one of the products she gave me was rainbow chipboard puzzle pieces that I fell in love with... well....Autism's awareness logo is rainbow colored puzzle pieces....and that is when this project came to life :):):):):):)

Soooooooooooo here we go :)

Dear Adam,
I read today that you have Autism.  I also read that your Mama is doing a walk to raise awareness for Autism and also hosting a scrappy crop to raise money for Autism.  That touched my heart MORE than I can ever ever ever tell you. 
So, today I made you a present.  Mama said in her blog post that you want to go to the BIG scrap event.  I think that is way cool! :)  I made this little frame for you.  Now, you can keep it for yourself and that would make me happy.  Or you can give it away to someone that comes to Mama's big scrappy crop as a prize.  That would make me happy too.  I made this FOR YOU, and what you decide to do with it, is all up to you. 
I think you are AMAZING! And handsome too! :):):):):):)  I hope you like the present I made for you, and again whatever you decide to do with it is fine with me! :) I will be honored either way. :)
I hope you have fun with Mama at the big scrappy crop and I hope she raises lots and lots of money for Autism! :):):):):):)
Love,
Julie :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

P.S. to all my bloggy friends out there, if you would like to help Adam's Mama raise her goal for the Autism walk.... see HERE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)




28 comments:

  1. Oh Julie, that's just beautiful! Very touching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great Julie!! The frame is so beautiful and how touching. I think it's great that she's having a crop and raising money. It's amazing what a little from a lot of people can do:) Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the frame, and the entire story is so endearing. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay you caught be by complete surprise and yep I got just a wee bit teary there! Julie you are certainly a sweet one! Thank you so much for putting your heart into all that you do and for becoming someone that I would definitely call a friend! Thank you so much! I love it and so will Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! :) and more yay! i should prob drive down to socal for that... :) that would be fun.

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Julie's heart became to large for her body!!!!!You are something else and I love you for your sense of community, empathy, and kindness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would like to nominate you for "most thoughtful scrapbooker". big hugs to you, jules.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful piece, and hug for Adam!!! It's amazing what can be accomplished when we all pull together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i love this! love the kiki on here and what a great way to use those puzzle pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just so great! I just think it is fantastic! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a big heart!!
    And what a beautiful frame, it matches your beautiful heart- you're an amazing friend.......xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  12. so sweet, Julie!! and what an awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such a big heart Julie,youre so fabulous!!

    Beautiful frame,gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. See, that's why you are one of the most special woman I know!!! that is such a sweet thing to do!! It's lovely and he is going to love it I am shure !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE you for this!!!

    Hugs, Jenneke

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet Julie!!!!!!!!!! What a heart you have!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julie, you have to be one of the kindest people I've come across!
    This is so touching.
    Thanks for sharing this story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello.. thanks so much for popping by my blog.. your comments mean a lot... =) your project was very touching and everyone is right.. you are so thoughtful.. the world is a better place because of you..{{{{big hugs}}})

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fun frame!! Those chipboard pieces are so perfect!! I'm sure he will love it! So thoughtful of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. omgosh that is soooo awesome... love what you created and all the love that went into it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Julie, you're the sweetest! Love the frame and the thoughts behind it - thanks for sharing! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  22. so so touching... I just love it when a little thing can do something... thank you so much for sharing this!!
    {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute frame!!! love the puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so sweet and how exciting for Adam too!
    -Cher

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)