Wednesday, March 3, 2010

*because us girls love manicures....and jungles???* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

hi all....

just wanted to share some recent photos! :)

Saturday night we babysit for my friend while her and hubby went to a concert! sooooooooooo we had their 3 grandkids, our 2 kids, 1 dog, 2 adults....then in the middle of it all...my friends daughter came over with more friends to pick up Adam's old bed for their daughter....LOL! may not seem like a lot to some....but u see....i don't have a HUGE house by any means .... and lol....and at one point we had like 13 people in my VERY little living room!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sooooooooooo the girls that were here during our fun time got to have a manicure done by yours truly..... :):):):):) Very tricky to try and get a 2 year old and a 3 year old to NOT touch anything while their pretty nails dried!! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And here is Miss Brookie and Miss Erika hanging out..... :)
 

And here they are singing "Happy Birthday" to each other...and for the record...it wasn't either of their birthdays! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):)
 

And here are all the kids that we babysat! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And now for a little disclosure.... lol ... for those of U haven't read me talking about this before...wellllllll I live in a DESERT! really....a real life desert...like starting next month we will be in the 100 plus degrees here and it will NOT go away until Thanksgiving...lol...my friends say they are jealous that I don't have snow..but its me that's jealous when I see pretty green grass in the summer and pics of people having bbq's and FUN outside..here it is sooooooo hot....U have to stay inside during most of the summer!! LOL!!! ANYWHO...off track (I know...that is sooooooooooooo unlike me...lol!) I am telling U that I live in a DESERT....soooooooooooo in the months of January and February of this year alone...ARIZONA has had more RAIN than we did in all of 2009!!!! That is a lot of rain for us....sooooooooooooo my back yard right now is a WEED MESS!!! A terrible WEED MESS because of all the rain we have had!! Sooooooooooooo Adam being the creative genius son that he is...decided to pull some of the weeds in my back yard and make a jungle for his LEGO guys!! LOL!!! I wanted to share the photos of his LEGO JUNGLE....but I wanted to EXPLAIN WHY Julie has all those WEEDS in her back yard right now!! LOL!! Yes! I am embarrassed by my back yard right now....but every time Brian makes plans to go out and start getting rid of my weed mess...lol...its RAINING again!! LOL!!!!! Soooooooooooooo at least I am PROUD to say that Adam did something creative with the mess! :):) ENJOY! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
 

  

  

  

  

  

  

I must admit....my weeds look pretty cool along side his LEGO guys! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Don't forget about the BIG BLOG CRAWL that's happening over at Nikki Sivils BLOG this weekend!!!! :):):):):):) Click on the photo on the top of this post to get all the details! :):):):):):):) I am one of the DT members that will be giving away a handmade gift during this FUN EVENT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


38 comments:

  1. This just cracks me up and is so something that my Adam would do with his legos.

    BTW maybe if the reain keeps coming, you can have grass too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the finger nails :) How fun LOL
    and I feel ya with the weeds right now! Rain has been unbelievable we have had to mow EVERY weekend. It is crazy where I wanted to plant the garden is now thigh high grass. Legos are great!!! LOL
    Hugs Luv Ya
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like loads of fun Julie!!!
    I need a mani/pedi myself, can you help a sistah out??? :)

    That lego jungle is pretty darn clever. WTG Adam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha toooo funny that adam made a lego jungle, what a creative boy! At least it got him to pull some weeds though right??
    Those pics of Brookie and your friends grandkids are soo cute, i love their painted nails too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lego photos!!! how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, those weeds do look good with Adam's legos, don't they! You're much braver than I am Julie, I don't think I would like to post pics of my garden in the state it's in right now ... We've had nothing but snow and rain these last few months. Yesterday was a lovely cold but sunny day ... aah, I'm so ready for spring!!!
    Love xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me likey painted kiddy finger nails!! Very cool. Love what Adam did too. So cool I am at a loss which I like more painted nails or lego amongst the weeds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the nail painting session, and I can see a "pink" layout being created as we speak! And I love the lego jungle - what fun fun photos! It's so strange how wet you have been and how cold and dry we have been. February was the 2nd coldest Feb on record here! Hope you have a great rest of the week and I will be blopping this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have long nails bite on them oeps
    LOve the pictures and your story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. too funny!! you captured something so girly and so "all-boy" - kids are so great aren't they??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the manicures and what a great jungle for the legos:) Creative minds will always find a good use for something that you might not normally look at as a good thing!! Wonder where he gets that creative thinking LOL...Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all those fabby pics...oh to do manicures...I think Danielle would shoot me if I did this to the boys....

    What great pics of the weeds and lego men!!!! I see green!!! You should see what is outside my window...black yuck snow!! All dirty and melting making mud all over!!!

    Wishing you a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your camera takes awesome pictures...what kind do you have? Mine is on its last leg.
    Love all the pics, especially the boy toys.. know all about that. Ours are GI Joel men used to be power rangers. Oh almost forgot Star Wars figures. FUN! THANKS for the smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok..I love the pink nails. DELISH!!!! Your weeds most definitely look awesome with the LEGO COMPANY...LOL. Who knew weeds could serve such an awesome purpose? Works for me. :)
    hugs,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you all had a blast!!! Pretty nails and all!!! I love those pictures of the legos... I see a layout coming on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. how fun... love the mani's... and that jungle... what fun... Rainee would love it... she's constantly trying to find new places to play with her legos... gotta love his creativity... brilliant... but I'd expect nothing less with you for a mom!!!

    thanks for making me smile... have a great day!!! {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now this is a sweet and funny post! Love the pretty pink nails and like the new lego play land!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL...that Lego jungle looks like fun! A very creative way to deal with the weeds. Although it means weeds, I'm LOVING the pretty green this year that we so rarely get to see in the desert :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. how cool is that lego jungle?! looks like you are passing on your creativity!! and the pink nails and hanging out are just adorable - i wish those days could last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute photos! I'm especially loving the lego scene that Adam made... very creative! Could be a fun page?! :-)

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jolly Julie!!!! :):):)
    Love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My best friend lives in Surprise and grew up in Phoenix, she comes to WA every summer to see the green. LOL! But not this summer..bummer!
    Love the lego shots, so going to have to show my hubby those!
    And the manicures looked like so much fun! Last Saturday when I went to camp for the day to do the workshops they had a silent auction and my mom offered up 3 foot soaks and foot massages... just ones she would do herself that night. It was such a riot watching the silent bidding war!

    ReplyDelete
  23. PS don't be embarassed by the weeds, I live in WA it's a way of life here. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the lego photos! So fun. And for the record I LOVE the desert! I am so cold natured, I love visiting my grandparents in Arizona because I don't have to worry about being cold ever!

    ReplyDelete
  25. lol love the lego guys and weeds!!! More rain is headed our way, so hope you get some too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. really cool blog and super cute pics... love the lego jungle... it reminds me of playing in the backyard with my barbies when i was little! lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. My boys will LOVE those photo's, I'll show them tomorrow!!! What creative way to use weeds!!!

    Love the fingernails, so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my Goooooood, this lego scenery is so cool, I'm so gonna show to the hubs when he gets home later. He'll absolutely love it, as I do!!

    Love the photo of the little hands!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. you rambling?!?! no.... hehe. ;)

    anyway, i hate arizona HOT weather! it sucks big time!!!! hence why i live in california! :) and we've tons of rain too, but today it's sunny! thank gosh!

    i LOVE those pics of abum's lego men! how creative!!!! if i was there, i'd totally be playing legos with him in the "jungle" too. haha

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  30. okay, those are like the "prettiest" weeds I have ever seen! lmao
    Which reminds me, I have to tackle the ones in my yard. Doesn't eveyone tell you "at least it's a dry heat!" lol Not in TX, it's just friggin HOT! So I'm right there with you. Give me the SF fog any day! xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  31. AWESOME ADAM!!!!!!!! Just so darn clever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. ha! It seems the whole palanet has had it's fair share of moisture this winter-weird!
    Love the pink nails!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awww. The girls look so happy with their pretty nails. Totally loving the weed/lego wars. I can just hear the opening for the newest Star Wars movie....a long time ago in a desert far, far away...hehe. Hey Adam may be onto something there;) Happy almost weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  34. what great photos julie!!! those cute lil chubby baby hands....and the pink polish....love it! and yes, those weeds look purdy cool~! thanks for sharing the photos! you should see my back yard...it's awful. i don't have people over because it's too nasty with weeds and i'm afraid of bugs so i don't really weed and luke works a lot and it just doesn't get done!

    ReplyDelete
  35. i know what you mean! our yard is UNRULY right now. and did you know it's forecasted to rain AGAIN this sunday???!!!! seriously, did you ever think you'd be SICK of rain here? and why must it always be on the flippin weekend? LOVE the lego jungles. gonna have to show the boy the pics in the morning. i'm sure to have my own jungle tomorrow! boys and their legos!

    ReplyDelete
  36. p.s. how come your weeds are so much prettier than mine? mine look like, well, weeds. yours look like something you'd find on a hill in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  37. That is great! Logan would totally have a blast playing Legos with him in there. lol

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my goodness -- I LOVE those legos!!! Fun pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)