Monday, January 11, 2010

*let's just remember that tolerance speech shall we?* :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hi all.....

I wanted to share the latest lo I have made for Scrapping the Music.... this weeks we have Michael Franti's song called "Say Hey.".......now for those of U that visited my last blog post...I gave a little speech on tolerance :) (there's a Mom in all of us I think! LOL!!) and ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm let's just remember that as U read my title/journaling on this page.... this is something I don't share with a lot of people (well....except at certain venues....U will see what I mean once it is read....).... as I don't like to be judged.... now... I am very proud of what I have accomplished... but when people find out this side of me... if its something that doesn't "fit" into the julie mold they have created about me...they tend to judge...and to be honest... I just don't need to hear it... we all have skeletons... but its up to us to share them...and now I am sharing one of mine...
My title...."Junkies on the Corner Calling My Name"
And my journaling...."Sobriety is the hardest thing I have EVER had to do.  Every day is a
struggle...at the end of each day - every day is an accomplishment of adding another 24 hrs. to my sobriety.... I will have 20 years sober in February.  I am not better than anyone that has just completed their first 24 hrs. or their 30th years of 24 hrs.... each of us that struggle with the junkies calling our names have to make it through the same 24 hrs. I am most grateful that my parents were brave enough to see that I needed help and got me the help I needed.  Not everyone has that support.   I know that what my parents did was probably the hardest thing they ever had to do - but I am forever grateful that they did, for
if they hadn't ... where would I be today?  ME is who needed to change.  That is what sobriety is all about.  Me and Me alone. I can't do this for anyone but me. Do I want to make it another 24 hrs.? Am I strong enough? Do I miss what I used to do to my body & soul?  Hell yes...I ain't gonna lie... if I didn't - then this wouldn't be something to fight for every 24 hrs.  I don't care what background you have...rich, poor, high society, the streets....every one of us has the ability to fall into the addiction trap.... and every one of us has the power to come out of it....as long as they want it... I ain't gonna lie.... I
hear the junkies calling to me all day- every day - but it's me that has to stay focused and strong and make it another 24 hrs.  It would be wonderful to reach out and help others that need to stop.  But sadly...I can't. It is up to them to stop..... it is up to them to stop hearing the junkies calling them.......Recovering addict....addict....ex-addict....whatever title you want to give it....each 24 hrs is a new day....a new day of ignoring the junkies that call your name.  Each of us that have made it to the next 24 hrs....I praise you......I hear your inner demons.....I hear them calling you.... but I am proud of you for making it to that next 24 hrs..... yes, I know for me that every day
is a struggle too.... but if this even speaks to one person out there...who has had struggles with the junkies calling.....then in the end....that's all that matters.... here is to another 24 hrs of the junkies not getting to me......."




Thanks for taking the time to read that.... again...it is not something I share with many people as the "judges" like to come out when I do.... but when I saw that line in this song I knew that this had to be made....for this week we have the amazing Marit donating an entry to her online art journal class... sooooooooooooooo awesome! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

And I also wanted to share a LO that I made with the new flirtatious kit from BlueMoonScrapbooking.com :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this photo of my Mama having some fun and she has a love of hot air balloons and I wanted to make sure that I included some in here for her! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)






 

And speaking of BlueMoonScrapbooking.com I wanted to let U know that they are sponsoring the latest challenge over at Candy Shoppe Designs!!! Wooooooooo hoooooooooooooo!!! There is a few days left to enter! :):):):):):):):):):):):):) Check it out here! :):):):):):):):):):):):):) 

45 comments:

JessiW said...

You are an inspiration in so many ways. I applaud you for being brave enough to share something very personal and hard for you!!! Thanks for sharing this. Love ya, Jess

JessiW said...

OH AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR ARTISTIC SIDE!! I forgot to say how much i love it and that layout is so beautiful!!

Chris said...

You are so brave for speaking out, and I admire you for your courage. I am so impressed that you took that part of the lyric and made it so meaningful - I admit I danced to the beat and all I thought of was when we lived in the Caribbean and that's what my layout is about - see, you actually got me to do a layout for STM. Julie, you are so strong and such a fantastic role model - I am so honored to call you my friend!

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Dang girl, when do you sleep. You are so busy creating and giving us wonderful eye candy everyday!

Love your message on this post, this is what makes you so wonderful!

sarah said...

i'm so proud of you! :) thank you for your inspiration, julie! honestly, i'm so glad to have crossed paths with you. you have def taught me that being yourself is the best way to approach life. :)

those layouts are just soooooo artistic. can i hire you as my personal scrapper?! ;) hah

hugs,
sarah.

euphoria said...

I usually just lurk, but that was very brave of you 2 share your story... very powerful too! may God give you strength every 24 hours!!

Sweet Lo of Mama too :o)

Jennifer Campbell said...

I have been looking forward to hearing your story behind this layout since I saw it in the gallery... Wow... thank you for taking the risk to share it with all of us.. you are right, even if it does just speak to one it has made a world of difference!!! Very creative...

And... wow... those hot air balloons are a new fav of mine... can't wait to go check out that kit. To many more 24 hours of strength!!!

Cathy said...

You have great strength. Keeps your spirits high and your heart happy.

deana said...

Awesome LO, Julie! Love the creative title & the journaling rocks... as do you!

Lovin' the balloons on your mom's LO, too!

Both LO's are simply awesome! :-)

Hugs...

scrappermimi said...

So much fabulous work to look at!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Your scrapping the music layout is so very special Julie! My husband is in recovery too, and he says the same thing about one-day-at-a time being the same for everyone! I love your openness and am grateful for it, as I am sure there is someone out there that needs to hear this and will be encouraged by your story!

Love you girlie!

mandiegirl said...

Julie- this is so solid and true! I love the layout. It's beautiful, and your journaling is just amazing!!! I love your perspective!

Candy Shoppe Designs said...

I'm SO proud of you for coming out with that info. about yourself.

I think it is healthy to talk about all issues of your life and not just the good. Besides, life isn't perfect and for anyone saying it is, well, their lying! LOL

Love the new layouts and thanks for mentioning the Blog Candy over at http://candyshoppedesigns.blogspot.com.

gudrun said...

You are amazing, julie. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your beautiful work of art.
hugs

marit said...

And you weren't sure if I still would love you after reading the story behind the STM LO??? Oh Julie, that's why I adored the LO in the first place... it's straight from your heart and therefor that beautiful.. and I suspected something like this behind it. I love you even more now Julie!!!

Dora said...

Dear Julie you know my story, and I have tears in my eyes, you shared someting today were I can't find words to express what I want to say, I think my English is not good enough to reach the goal, the meaning of this lo...you are the best a wonderful person in each way, ans so is everyone, in what trouble they are. even this words don't explain what I really want to say, but I keep it short love you and take care!

Jocelyn said...

May I tell you how PROUD I am of you!!!! As you know I am an addictions counselor and these are the stories that make me keep doing what I am doing!!!! The Success....the Hard Work...The Battles.....they all make the next 24 hours worth reaching for!!!! As I read this tears rolled....for I know that these battles are tough!!! What great parents...to reach out and get you the help you needed!!!! I get so angry when people ask me...how can you work with those people...as you stated those people are all around us and closer than some may think!!! I ADMIRE you for doing this LO.....I Praise you for all of your Hard Work.....I ADORE YOU!!!!! I truly do not feel that others will Judge and if they do.....you do not need them...but I believe these ladies that are in our lives....are all special.....judge not...!!!!! You are a strong and special lady Julie and I say....Blessing to you today!!! :-)

Diana Fisher said...

You rock... that's about all I can say. You already know that I think your art and your style are amazing. You are amazing all around. Thanks for sharing this about yourself. I'm sure you've inspired someone and you don't even know it yet.

Jenneke said...

I applaud for you!! You are such a brave woman, I'm impressed..
And I love and admire you even more after reading this.

Big, big hug,
Jenneke

Hanneke said...

You know, after reading this, I love you even more!!!! You are such an inspiration to me and so many others!!!
Love how you did this!!

And oh how I love the one of you mom as well, great photo and i love the balloons!!

Big hug Hanneke

angie said...

Julie you are such an inspiration! I admire you for being so brave and sharing your wonderful page. I think we all have "crosses to bear" it's just that some are visible and some are not. hugs.

MichaelR1965 said...

Julie, thank you! My scrappin wife Michelle had me read this yesterday for the first time and now today, I felt I needed to read it again. During that time I remained sober. Your words made me think about how wonderful it is when that "miracle happens", that split second in an addicts life when we completely surrender, give in, throw in the towel and choose life instead. Addiction truly damages the soul. Sobriety, Family and Scrappin will help heal all that in time. When your day comes I wish you a happy 20th.birthday and buckets full of Serenity. Good stuff Julie! Peace to you. (Michael R. Grateful recovering alcoholic)

jacque4u2c said...

You may not think you are helping others! But you are! This post alone I am sure touched many people - probably deeper and more profoundly then you will ever know!!! These layouts and heartfelt words leave me speechless! You are such an inspiration!!!

Georgia Visacri said...

you know, this makes me even more proud of being your friend and you're an inspiration to me in every way. I know how hard it must be and I admire how brave you are for sharing this! thanks dear, luv ya!
Ps - Love the layout too!!

Staci said...

Standing ovation...you are the definition of courage!

craftylyra said...

Could you be any more amazing? Brava, Julie. Anyone who pretends they don't have demons is lying to themselves (the biggest lie of all). Good for you for facing yours--every single day.

ellen s. said...

i think that is pretty darn amaZing! it's what it's all about, i think. congratulations, too. i am sure recovery is not easy and thanks for sharing that.

i do love your Websters magic! you should post it over at their ning forum ! ;)

cococricketsmama said...

Julie, you are wonderful! Thanks for sharing and you brighten my day!

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

Hey girl!
20 years, wow- that is something to be proud of! Good for you Julie! What an amazing layout - I swear, you are the best in getting your stories on layouts. You know, I always say if you have haters out there, you're doing something right! lol Just keep doing what you're doing- cuz it's working. We love ya!!!!!!!And nice job on the Blue Moon layout too!!!!!!! xOxO

Maggi said...

Wow, what a brave layout to make and a brave part of yourself to post about Julie! I come from a loooooong line of addicts, my brother actually just celebrated his 19 month clean and sober, woo hoo!

You're an inspiration in and out of the craft room! I do so hope we get to meet in person one day! :D

Melonie said...

Julie thanks so much for being you! Love your honesty and strength. (((HUGS)))

Denise said...

Congrats on 20 years Julie...20 years of one day at a time! I think it's awesome that you shared your story...(step 12)it's very inspiring-thank you!

mandysea said...

Weeeeeell,
my heart filled today reading your story, I sighed. Look at your strength, not at what once passed but at who you are today...
and then when I read Michaels comment...
weeeeeell, the tears filled my eyes.

SUCH strength.

and I love your LO on Crookedness and tolerance.....sigh.

We've learned this in my own family. It is a gift.

hugs
xxxxxxxxx

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

Julie, if ONLY you could come over to play, that would be the BEST!!!! Thanks for thinking of me girl!!!!!! xOxO

Beth said...

wow babe! I had no idea! yet, you write so powerfully and beautifully. It is very interesting and uplifting to hear a bit of your story and your fight to live a certain way everyday now.
You are so beautiful, inside and out! and
M AND I MISSED YOU TOO, THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!
:P SO THERE!
Love your layouts, sweets!

Beth said...

OH SHIZNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE PUT THICKERS ON THE BOOTIE!!!!

Antonia Krajicek said...

I commend you for your bravery to share your story as well as the bravery and strength it took you to create the outcome of your story.

I grew up with a parent who had an addiction, which was overcome, but I saw the struggles and how it effected the other parent and my younger siblings and even me.

Congratulations to you for so many years of sobriety!!

Ps. I LOVE the layout too! VERY artistic :)

Bekka said...

You are brave, beautiful, inspiring, and just all-around wonderful. Love ya!

Denise said...

Did you know, a hot air balloon ride is on my bucket list?! Your LOs are amazing, even more so for the journaling you shared. Peace and love, says it all! :)

Tammy said...

All I can say is "Good for you"....Having a voice can reach just one person and make a difference. Great Layout, too.

*fauve* said...

Thank you for sharing this with us Julie!Very proud of you for coming all this way and for ignoring the calling. <3

Jeanet said...

YAY Julie...you are so strong to put your heart out into words and art!Just admire you even more(If that is even possible)I am so proud of you to stay sober for so many years..wow..that is such a huge and fantastic accomplishment...you are really a strong woman!Hang in there and I wish you all the strenght for all those 24 hours to come!
Love your art Layout..it's so powerful and I love your post on tolerance...who are we anyway to judge other people ;)
LOVE you!

Gladie said...

Oh my God. Julie, I'm so sorry for not having been into you blog for a few days - I see now it's almost a week since you posted this and I so wish you wwould have had my responce earlier. But anyway, I have read, I have cried for you, my heart beats for you (and you know I dont pray, or else I'd do that too). I respect you deeply for what you're going through - not in my worst fantasies would I thought of the struggle you have each and every day for 20 years - that's just unbelievable. You know I love you and all those kind words of love you spread all over blogland, I so appreciate your comments and your posts - and imagine your care for others when you're going through this sort of hell - oh dear, you're so strong, so brave to go public with this! Love you and deeply respect you, Julie. Here's to another 24 hours -and I deeply wish for another 20 years - but that this someday will become easier for you. BIG HUGS to you, my friend! XOXOXO

Diane said...

LOVE your STM layout.
Thanks for stopping in at my blog :)

mommyof5kidz said...

Ok...so I am a Mom of 5...and each day I try to teach them to treat others with respect, no matter what they look like. I tell them that someday, they might be the person that the "rejected" of their class looks on for help, and I truly hope they have learned enough to give it. I also am constantly telling them of the people in my life who have touched me, and helped me along my way...most of those people do not even know that they touched my life so deeply. Today, I want to tell you that you have touched me deep in my heart. Thank you. You definitely have a true wisdom, and a majystical way with your words.