Wednesday, December 30, 2009

*strength* :):):):):):):)

This week my dear Jennifer Campbell posted her One Little Word (OLW) for 2010 using the wonderful Ali Edwards as inspiration....and Jennifer encouraged her friends to chose Just One Little Word for 2010 also... soooooooooooo as I was reading Jennifer's post...the wheels started turning in my head (lol...if you have actually met me IRL...you would know this happens MORE times than NOT! lol!!)..... anywho....I am reading Jennifer's post and the word that KEPT screaming at me was ......

STRENGTH

Yep....that's my OLW for 2010..... now as some of my followers, friends, family knows.... in retrospect 2009 probably seemed like an AMAZING year for me and my family... we had a million HIGHS....Brian and I were both lucky enough to travel to different places that we both wanted to attend too.....he went to Las Vegas for a bowling tournament.... I was able to visit my dear friends Kristina, Cortney and Kerry Lynn in San Francisco, and also go to Tennessee to visit many of my SISters from SIStv...and I was also lucky enough to go visit my bestest friend EVER Danielle in New Jersey.....Brookie had two successful surgeries for her Port Wine Stains.....Adam was able to visit his Dad for the summer and he started Junior High this fall...brand new school and he seems to be doing a lot better there then he did in grade school....and I was very lucky to become a part of many design teams and successfully started my own challenge blog..."These are a Few of My Favorite Things".... and Brian bowled a 300 game at a state tournament....sooooooooooooooooo looking back over our year....I guess if I were U ... I would think that that Tucker-Wolek clan had it pretty good in 2009....and then WHY is Julie picking STRENGTH as her OLW for 2010?  Why would STRENGTH be needed by someone who appears to have had such an AWESOME year??????

Well....because in July my house was robbed... period.  That's it. That one event changed me emotionally forever.  As some of my close personal friends know.... I have HAD beyond the number of struggles in my life that most people NEVER ever have to deal with... (not saying that my life has been horrible... just saying I have had my share of major struggles.....as a lot of us have....)... and that one incident in July of 2009 changed me...... I lost my emotional strength.  I am paranoid now.  I am fearful now. I am more cautious now. I worry more now. I think of the sentimental things that were lost in the break in.... and I start to cry.  They will never be found.
So, STRENGTH is the word that I need for 2010. It is my OLW. I need to have the STRENGTH to forgive the man (men) who did this to my home.  I need to have the STRENGTH to trust the police again after they did a horrible job at NEVER following up with our robbery.  I need to have the STRENGTH to have faith in the insurance industry again as the company that we have we an ABSOLUTE nightmare to deal with.  I need to have the STRENGTH to know that everything is going to be okay.  I have to have the STRENGTH to trust that the alarm system we now have will ALWAYS work.  I need the STRENGTH to let all my fears, my worries, and my paranoia go away.  I need the STRENGTH to become me again. 
That is it.  I will focus on this word throughout the year and incorporate it within my creative work when possible. 

Thank you all for taking the time to visit my blog... I truly appreciate it... and I hope that everyone has a very safe and Happy New Year.  I have been very sick since the day after Christmas... and today I have no voice (of course... my family probably loves that!! lol!!!)... soooooooo I was supposed to get together with some old friends tomorrow night, but sadly with the way I have been feeling ... it looks like I will be scheduling that for another time and me and the pj's will be all cuddled up in bed tomorrow night trying to get better!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) LOVE and PEACE to all! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

28 comments:

  1. What a great word! I can't imagine the feelings you are still going through with that robbery. What a violating thing. :( Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Julie... that's horrible, beeing robbed. I went through this in 1989 and still have "issues" sometimes... it's hard, and I wish you a lot of STRENGTH to get over it! You will loose some of the awesome fear you have now, I'm sure, and the "alert" stays... and that's OK. But it will take some time. Wishing you STRENGTH to recover also... thinking of you: me in my PJ's overhere in Holland and you overthere... get well soon dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Julie, I do wish you would feel better! And I think that is the perfect word for you! It's so funny, but I think your words and your layouts and your honesty give so many other people strength!!! You may not know how much of an effect you have on others, so it's funny, but that word makes more sense than you think! I believe you will have strength. I need that today more than ever myself. I've got too many things on my mind and Lucas is being difficult. And I'm going to the hospital tonite with my dad...the doctor came in yesterday and said that he probably has two weeks. I am trying so hard to have strength for my dad, but I just wanna break down and cry which now I'm doing just typing about it. I think you do have strength sometimes that you yourself don't even know you have, and I find that out the longer I go along. Because I've been strong for my mom before and now I'm doing it for my dad. Love you and really do hope you feel better! Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Julie......You are an amazing strong woman in my eyes...I know we all struggle with inner feelings and they do get very overwhelming. Things people deal with everyday may seem so hard for some and so easy for others. I just wrote a post telling my word for the year. I started this last year....So funny I came to visit your blog and you got your inspiration from a totally different site. My word for this year is peace....Finding peace within myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I found a great quote with your word..."Go within every day and find the inner strength so that the world will not blow your candle out"~Katherine Dunham
    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great word, and such honesty in why you chose it. As the wife of a police officer, I can't speak for the ones that worked on your burglary, but some of them do take home the pain of what they see each day. Some of them do feel horrible that they can't help you. I hope that helps give you some comfort. Some of the police, though they can't show it to you, do come home and tell their family that they are so sorry for what they CAN'T fix for people. BIG HUG TO YOU!!!

    I know my OLW, but I haven't been able to share it, or the story behind it. Just way to raw for me. 2009 was a disaster, no matter what my blog, pages, cards, challenges or posts say otherwise. My blog and bloggy friends saved my soul and sanity this year. I'm sure you may feel that the support out here helps balance what people can't see.

    Hope your voice gets better, babe!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like the PERFECT word to carry you through :) I haven't thought of my perfect word just yet...I'm sure it will come to me soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Granted I haven't known you forever. However, for the time that I have known you (& I think I know most of your story), I think you have MORE strength than most people... certainly more than you even acknowledge having. I admire that in you. But I do personally understand how violating it is to have your home broken-into. It's scary enough to have it happen when you live on your own. I can't imagine how much worse it would be as a mother. I'm glad you were able to get an alarm system. That's one purchase I'm VERY glad we made. Makes me feel safe every night. I hope it has helped you, too.

    Here's to a GREAT 2010 & to your continued STRENGTH.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOve you Julie!
    Wishing you lots of strenght for the new year!
    I hope you will feel better soon!
    HAppy new year for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Julie... I wish you strength this new year. It is so funny, we all try to stay so positive on our blogs that it makes us all sound like we live these perfect lives... I was just thinking last night, I could use a good blog to just get out everything really going on... but I believe in "the secret" and know that if you focus on the negative more negative will be attracted into your life. So I wish us all strength to get through the new year. I am so happy to have become friends with you this year!!! I feel blessed! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How horrible.....I had no idea!!! Hugs to you my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there my sweet friend, I wish I could give you a hug, I wish I could give you MANY hugs!!!
    Thank you for being you
    Thank you for being amazing
    I know that the new year will bring strength because I know what is hiding beneath the surface, waiting to reemerge bigger and brighter than before!
    Congrats on the guest spot with Noel, that made me smile BIG :):):):)'s!!!
    Again I wish I could give you a hug :)
    LOVE YA :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet, sweet Julie!! And STRONG Julie, because of everything you have had to deal with in your life, you still are such a positive and cheerful and funny person! And I admire you so much for that!!!!!!!
    I'm so sorry you've lost your emotional strength. I wish you ALL the strength you need to become YOU again!!!!!!!
    I LOVE YOU!!
    And thanks sooooo much for the lovely card you sent me. It came today, too late for Christmas, but that doesn't mind at all!! LOVE the picture of you and your wonderful family!!! I'll cherish it!!
    I hope you will feel better soon!!!!!!!!

    HUGS, Jenneke

    ReplyDelete
  14. May you have much strength, hope, and peace in the coming new year! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did I not know that? Did we hook up after July? I know that is such an invasion of oneself. My grandma's home was robbed, and you're so right, they walked away with more than her jewelry, they stripped her of ever feeling safe in her own home again. I believe in Karma, for what it's worth- they will get what's coming to them. All of this doesn't get unnoticed by God.
    I hope you find your strength! It may take time, but you'll get it! My word seems to remain unchanged forever- patience. the story of my life.
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh I need to get going on my word too - I love yours very appropriate:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Julie, I am so sorry that you had to go thru that ordeal! I wish you all the luck in the world that you are able to find your strength! In the short time that I've come to know you in the blog world, you amaze me every day with your kindness and wit and talent. You are such an amazingly special person! I hope you feel better! Thank you for being an AWESOME (and QUICK, LOL) GDT for Sketchy Thursdays, too. Happy New Year! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) (Think of all the people who now share LINES of smileys all because of you!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julie, I am so touched by your post:) I am so sorry about the robbery and how it's affected your life, your soul. I hope your wish to regain strength comes swift and completely. BTW, you have another friend in NJ, small world!

    XOXO

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Julie, I love your word and my word for this year is "faith", as in never lost faith, keep the faith, have faith. I love strength too because most times they go hand in hand. We were robbed once too so I know how you feel. We have an alarm system and I looooovveeee it. Talk about peace of mind!!! I sleep like a baby now, until the hubs forgets to disarm it when he gets up in the morning to go get his coffee. Just the other day the alarm company called to ask me if everything was ok! hahaha I said yes, it would be more ok if the hubs could remember to disarm! Happy New Years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay Julie... I have a ton to say now that I can finally leave a message on your BLOG. Woo Hoo!! So happy to be over here writing you!!:)
    First of all I love your family pic and your hair cut is adorable, you look great!! Secondly don't forget about the strength you've had to have to get through these tough times. (That's huge!) Thirdly I will pray for you to gain even more strength than you all ready have. (We ALL could use some of that.)
    I hope you feel better soon. We've all passed around the "yuck" at our house and it does really drag you down and make you feel so very tired. I can't wait to meet you in person and I'm very thankful to have you on my DT and as a friend! Thank you for all you hard work and I look forward to working together for a long time! Happy New Year Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are the BOSS, so you choose which layout or vote or go by which one wins the poll or choose the tag book or don't pick any... I had a blast choosing over the year... ultimately my favs are I'll remember you this way, Fav Season, Our House, Jennifer, My treat, have a laugh and the tag book!!! So again, you are the boss, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. you are supposed to be in bed RESTING!!!! naughty naughty! get back to bed! :)

    anyway, hope you all have a wonderful new year even tho you are battling a nasty cold!

    here's to a wonderful new year in 2010!

    cheers,
    s.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wish you Strength for 2010,
    you are awesome, positive and inspirating in all you do and achieve. Its been a pleasure to watch your life and loves on your blog.
    Thankyou for sharing so much of yourself
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I too wish you Strength for the coming year.....as you know I too went through so much this year and I am also looking for Strength to get through some serious issues right now!!!

    Sometimes we see the good things....and we don't realize the turmoil that happens in our lives!!!

    It has been a great year sharing all of your wonderful talent and spending time with your family!!!

    Love to you!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the pic you chose for your sidebar for your OLW!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You do have strength woman...and now that you've chosen that as your focus word it will help you get through these new challenges that you're facing due to the break-in.

    Love ya much!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You do have strength woman...and now that you've chosen that as your focus word it will help you get through these new challenges that you're facing due to the break-in.

    Love ya much!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Strength is such a great choice for 2010! I wish you luck in your focus on this word.

    Oh, and to answer your question, the little brother layout WAS from 2008. :) it so would have made the list otherwise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)