Monday, December 28, 2009

*a little girl with a love for a little prairie* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hi all.....

first i want to thank everyone for the AMAZING support on being asked to be a Guest Designer for NoelMignon.com in January!!!! I am still on cloud NINE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Next...i want to share a lo i made using a bluemoonscrapbooking.com kit! :):):):):):):) a few weeks ago while visiting one of my blog friends...i saw that a "laura ingalls gunn" had visited my friends blog too and had left a comment!!! WOW!! Really??? With that last name (like...I'm sure she has NEVER heard that before...lol lol lol!!!)...she HAS to be RELATED to the LAURA INGALLS WILDER!!!! Sooooooooooooo being the curious mind that I am .... I visited her blog!!! Not only does she reside in the same state as me, I also found out that she is indeed the fourth cousin to Laura Ingalls Wilder, (Laura Ingalls Gunn's great-great-grandfather and Laura Ingalls Wilder's father Charles were brothers!!! WOW!!!)...soooooooooo of course I became a follower of hers! She is AMAZING!!! She tells the most amazing stories and has beautiful photos on her blog!! And she has beautiful items for sale in her ETSY shop too!!! (BONUS!) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Sooooooooooo this got me to thinking....(YES!!! There is an END to this story!! LOL!!!)....how much as a child I loved reading Laura Ingalls Wilder's amazing Little House on the Prairie series....and sadly ... (we won't focus on this part of the story...as we don't want sadness in here...lol!!!).... how my ex-husband actually threw away the ENTIRE series that I had owned since childhood.... (insert sad face here....).....and how I have never replaced them.... (shaking my head...I know, I know...what's wrong with me?????...*sigh*)....and how much I enjoyed watching the TV series with Melissa Gilbert as Laura, Michael Landon (*sigh* love him....RIP!) as Pa, Karen Grassle as Ma, Melissa Sue Anderson as Mary....and the amazing (*sigh* again...loveeeeeeee him...RIP!) Victor French as Mr. Edwards!!!! And ok, ok, ok.... I will admit it since I was a YOUNGER ME then...lol....I can't be the ONLY one who had a crush on DEAN BUTLER ... aka ALMANZO (Manly) WILDER!! LOL!! *swoon*........ :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) So, my Aunt Mary had gotten all of us Barnes & Noble giftcards for Christmas....and after being "blog" connected to Laura Ingalls Gunn recently....I decided to buy my FAVE book from the series..."Little House on the Prairie" :):):):):) And to top that...I decided to do a lo on my love of the book...(see...there is an end here!!! LOL!!!).... so, here it is... my lo dedicated to the LOVE of this book series...and a special thank you to Mrs. Laura Ingalls Gunn, for finding her through this amazing world called, "blogging," and with finding her I was once again inspired to re-start my collection of Laura Ingalls Wilder's books that I will get to pass on to Brookie someday! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

 


 



Next....I wanted to share a lo I made for the latest "Scrap that Poetry" challenge.... this time its, "Twas the Night Before Christmas"....and ironically... this PHOTO was taken on December 24th!! LOL! :):):):):):):) I used a NoelMignon.com kit on here...and threw in the snowflake from my wonderful friend Jeanet....and the tree and the little blue and white felt embellies are from the sweetest Jessi! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

 


 

 

And I also wanted to share a wall hanging I made for Brookie's room using Nikki Sivils's "U R My Favorite" line!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this line! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)






 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for stopping by....and thanks for your comments...they truly mean a lot to me! :):):):):):):):):):) LOVE TO ALL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

28 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Your LIW layout is absoolutely amazing! I had to blow it up so I could look at all the wonderful details. You are very, very creative.
    The Night Before Christmas is also just gorgeous.
    My good friend got a cricut for Christmas and I cannot wait to go over to her house for a play date. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love these LO's Julie! HUGE Congrats on the January GDT spot! You rocked that kit for sure. SO glad you all had a good holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you even had her comment on your blog!!! Amazing!!! I am so happy for you!!! You must be on cloud 9 right now!!!

    Your layout for STP is just {sigh} one of my favs... of yours! That picture is just priceless... thanks for using it on my challenge!

    The wall art is terrific too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cool to meet someone from that family - when you are such a huge fan! and i adore that picture of Brookie - it is just priceless - nice lo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the LO's and the STP is my all time favorite....that picture is sooooooooo perfect!!!!

    Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year.....filled with good health, happiness and much love!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love Little House on the Prairie too. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Your new avatar is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those layouts!! And I love that you've already used the embellishments i sent! I'm really glad you liked them. Thanks for playing over at STP as always:) Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bryn would be so envious of your Barnes & Nobel gift card.... she LOVES that store!

    Your LO's are SO ADORABLE! And I ♥ how you used the Little House book cover, too! SO CUTE!

    Your wall hanging is precious... I'm sure Brookie ♥'s it!

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still have my series from when i was little. Those were the BEST books. I'd actually forgotten all about them and the TV series until you mentioned it! As always, love the wonderful layouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i still have some of those books from when i was little too. :) gotta love those.

    those LOs are so awesome. LOVE that pic of brookie in the 2nd one. she's so adorable looking at the gifts under the tree.

    again, congrats on the GDT! :) you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great story! I LOVE your layouts! I LOVE the vintagey-lacey look of the Little House On The Prairie one! And the pic of Brookie laying on the floor is ADORABLE!!! Love the bright happy colors of the garland too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a huge fan of the little house on the prairie. When it is on tv I still watch it!
    Wonderful lo's also the one with Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Julie - this post is so touching - I remember my own love for the little house on the prairie TV-series, I too loved it as a child! :) I'm so glad to hear you've found the book again :) Your LO is stunning, love it!!! And your christmas LO - awsome! Love the pink and all those cute elements - and the photo is just wonderfully cute! and the wall hanging - wowser!!! :D
    Thanks for sharing some love & brightening my day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh!! Nothing but colour and creativeness coming from your blog!!! Love both your LO's and I LOVED Little house on the Praire!!!!

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow...your work is wonderful!!! love the "little house on the praire" page and the "night before Christmas" (of course!) Nice job!!! thanks for playing along with us at STP!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did you have the yellow set of LIW books? I never had the whole set but my friend's mom did; I kept trying to think of ways for her to pass it down to me but she has 4 daughters so that was never going to happen, LOL!

    I bought a blue set years ago...never knowing I'd have a daughter of my own someday...started reading them to Tess when she was 5...don't try and read the final chapters of LHOTP if you are about to move! Or those first chapters of Plum Creek (where Jack...choke...sob!)

    p.s. great Christmas Eve LO!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julie! What an amazing story. Love the layout! The night before Christmas l/o with Brookie is too precious!! Gorgeous wallhanging, too! You know I love EVERYTHING you do! Congrats on the NM GDT! I know how much you love their stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Julie... what a story!!!! We had the little house on the prairy serie in the Netherlands on the tv too when I was a kid... LOVE your layout!!!! And the photo of Brookie is so sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. No Way! That is WILD! (No pun intended!!!) I'll have to go check out her stuff! Very cool! And I love your photo here Julie, so pretty!
    Yea, that staging lady, lol, when I am in my new house, my room is going back the same damn EXACT way!
    OMG, the BEARS!!! What a game, and I won't mention NY- WTH!!!!!!!! Well I wish you the Happiest New Year my friend!!!!!!!! You always make my day!!! love deb

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that series! How cool that you're rebuilding your collection! Great layouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY!!! I was finally able to leave a comment for you!!! I DID switch to Firefox and it works!!!! Thanks for the advice!!!!! I love your LO's but especially love the picture of Brookie laying in front of the tree......too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great work Julie... congrats about your GD spot in Jan & thanks for playing at STP! Very cute LO:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great story! And your layout about the book is wonderful. I remember reading those books and loving them, I have not read them in years but maybe I should. Love your other layouts too. That picture of Brookie is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. love how colorful and multidimensional your LOs are!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful story Julie!
    I always loved those books and the TV series...they always teased me that I looked like the Laura from TV :(
    LOve that Brookie wall hanging!Awesome!Love your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm SO sorry that something so horrible has touched and affected you this way. It's really like someone stole your peace and you're fighting to get it back. I'll keep you in my prayers. Congrats on the Guest Design Team spot!!!! Continue to be blessed in 2010!!! Know that the good outweighs the bad!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, wow, and even more wow! your layouts are so beautiful, and thank you for sharing your story-but how terrible. Your word is very special and I totally understand your feelings. Hope you feel better soon - I will be thinking about you. I tried to leave a comment earlier (so maybe I need to switch to a different browser). Take good care of yourself and happy happy new year to you and yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, your LOs are all SO beautiful! Happy new year my friend.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)