Tuesday, December 1, 2009

*homemade from South Africa* :):):):):):):):):)

Hi all....

a little while ago...my friend Michelle needed my help...(duh! no brainer! that's what i'm all about!) and sooooooooooooooo in return, she sent me and the family some AMAZING homemade and other goodies all the way from South Africa!!! Soooooooooooo COOL!!! Thank U Michelle from the bottom of my heart and my families hearts for the AMAZING gifts U sent!!! WE LOVE THEM! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Brookie and Daddy with some YUMMY homemade FUDGE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


Brookie with her handmade dolly! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)



Adam with his handmade Beetle! :):):):):):):):):) And NOOOOOOOOOOOOO MICHELLE L.P......U can NOT have it...LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


Brian with his handmade Taxi keychain! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)



Brookie with her handmade Pinocchio puppet!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)



Adam with a book about South Africa! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)



And ME ME ME with my handmade hearts (*swoon*) and a SCARLET LIME KIT!!!! ****EEEEKKKKKK******** LOVEEEEEEEEE!! I have ALWAYS wanted one of these KITS!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And a picture that her BEAUTIFUL daughter drew for us! :):):):) A true artist, just like her MAMA! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)



And some handmade buttons and "mud pieces" that Michelle made for me! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)


Thank U again Michelle!!! we loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee our presents!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

And this is JUST for DEANA!!! LOL!!!! Just wanted to show her that I got her ADORABLE giftcard holder that she sent me...and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jessi....U CAN NOT guess WHY Deana sent me a GIFT CARD HOLDER!! LOL LOL LOL....sorry for the blurry pic...sometimes Adam moves a little with the camera!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)





And now on to some scrappy news!!!! I am HONORED to be the GUEST DESIGNER for SCRAP THAT POETRY'S challenge this time around!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! This time the poem is, " Robert Frost's The Road Not Taken"!!!!! LOVE this POEM!!!!!!! I used a bluemoonscrapbooking.com kit on this LO! :):):):):) And that GORGEOUS photo is COURTESY of the AMAZING JESSI!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
 

 

 

 

And I also wanted to share a lo I made for the latest NoelMignon.com challenge....which I happened to use one of her KITS on this LO! And some happy mail of mine thrown in too!!! The flowers and "charms" are from the wonderful Lena...and the blue heart is from Chris! :):):):):):):):):):):):) We were to make a lo based on "changes" or "turns" in our lives based on the most AMAZING book...NEW MOON! :):):):):):):):):) My title: "Right now...my time has come" and this is the photo from when I recently got my "Bern creation"....and the journaling on the back reads, "this year has brought more DOWNS than UPS....from me being displaced at work and having to re-apply for my position, to our house being robbed in July and then Brookie's health insurance dropping the hospital that she has her surgeries at.  it seemed that when things started to go good, we would get kicked down and have to start again.  But, I was determined this year to get me a "Bern Creation!" I have been going to this man's house every Christmas season since I was a young teen and have ALWAYS wanted to buy one of his handmade decorations that fills his yard every year! Something has always come up and it never happened.... well this was MY YEAR!!! I had been saving my change all year...and even when we were robbed and they took a chunk of that saved change....I started over and FINALLY, I was able to get my creation!! This one moment in time....made all of the dark ones this year disappear!!!" :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
 

 

 

 

 

And the last LO I want to share is for our LATEST challenge at These are a Few of My Favorite Things!!!!!! This time we wanna see your FAVE HOLIDAY!!!!! Ummmmmmmmmmmmm ... can U all GUESS what MINE is?!?!?! LOL! :):):):):):):):):) Again...I used a NoelMignon.com kit on this LO! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)













 

 

LOVE to all...and thanks for STOPPING IN! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

30 comments:

  1. That is so nice! That fudge looks amazing!! Your layouts are also very amazing. Love the colors and the Christmas theme. Especially love the the last layout about your tree. The snowflakes are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Those look like some amazing homemade gifts. How nice! I love what you did with the picture you have with Bern's Christmas decorations. I love the layout too. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiiiii Julllliiiieeeee!!! :.):.):.):.)

    wowowowowow!!! cool stuffs!!! cool layouts!!!

    I'm still wondering when you sleep!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... what amazing handmade items!!! I love them all, but especially the doll... my daughter would love it... I am sure Brookie will!!! We are so thrilled to have you join us at STP!!!!! I am looking forward to creating my project/layout for favorite holiday... I need some jammie time to get my mojo going... wink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooooo. why did deana send that gift card holder?! ;) hehe.

    and ummmmmmmmmm i LOOOOOOOOVE all the pics!!! wish you guys all lived closer so we could all hang out again! :)

    and LOVE your layouts... esp ALL OF THE CIRCLES! hhahaha... :) keep scrappin cuz you have been major inspo to me! :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooove those gifts you all got, those dolls and the beetle are truly AMAZIG!!!!! Love the LO's as ever, great journaling and love the titles!

    And YES tonight is the night!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying to leave you a comment but this is the third one, what's wrong with me???!!!
    Anyway, I looooooooooove the homemade gifts you all got!!! Those dolls and the beetle are truly AMAZING!!! Love your LO's, great journaling and pics!! And another GTD?? You are on a roll, girl!!

    And YES!!!!!!! Tonight is the night!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful gifts you received and so sweet!
    Your work is stunning love that deer, and your colors, also love the journaling!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so glad that you received your parcel all in one piece Julie - and thrilled that you and your family likes the goodies!

    Love your new LO's so much!

    Had to smile about phin's comment about wondering when you sleep - I wonder the exact same thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooooooh, loooooooooooove your pages Julie, especially the 1st one, so beautiful!!!!!!!

    And that's what I call "happy mail"!!!!!!!!!! love all the cool stuff she sent you (especially the eatable ones, heheee!!)

    Luv ya girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHMY... some happy mail you got there! I'm still drooling over your "poetry layout"... GORGEOUS! AMAZING!!! I love your work Julie! You always give me a big SMILEY feeling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful gifts....how wonderful to receive such great gifts!!! Love you LO's...but you know that I always adore anything you put your hands on!!!

    Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those layouts!!! What great handmade gifts to receive. And I may be lost, but why would I guess why she sent you a gift card holder...did she forget to put the gift card in there??? Hahaha..... Really like how you usedthat pic!!
    love, jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mouth still hanging open - drool still running down my face!!!! Sheesh girl what an awesome post - from the cool presents to the awesome layouts!!! Just adore every single bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that is some awesome happy mail! I love your layouts and that you scrapped your Bern, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy Cow! What amazing gifts and layouts! I especially love all the little goodies and vintage items on your My Time Has Come Layout :)

    Ps. Thank you SOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH for the purchase from my little shop! I will be mailing it tomorrow with a few little goodies for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. what fun to get gifts from south africa! and i love your pages. the sewing is so awesome - especially on the fave holiday page!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow gorgeous layouts, and the package you got is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are sooooo talented with layouts! I wish I could create half as well as the beautiful pages you make!!! I love them so much!! Especially your holiday ones!
    And what fun happy mail all the way from South Africa! cool!
    have a great day, babe!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  20. i don't know why it's not letting me leave a comment!!! agh! such a great box of goodies!!! how awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a FUN post... lots of "happy mail" & CUTE LO's! I ♥ all the Christmas words you used on the FAV holiday LO!

    And, um.... HAPPY..... shopping! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you & your family received a lot of great goodies!! Great new pages too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. All of that goodness from South Africa is so awesome!!!! Loving those layouts too!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL -You know I am LOVING THAT BEETLE!!!! It's even turquoise - I wish they really made that color Beetle - I'd be all over it! LOL LOL!!! Those are all awesome gifts! I am loving your latest layouts too Julie - you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So happy for you...love all your gifts. ENJOY!!! Isn't it wonderful when we get surprises like that? Oh, my that paper is delish. Gotta tell you, I am loving your creativity.
    Hugs,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  27. What, such wonderful gift, nothing like some happy mail is there?! I looooove all of your LO's ... I'm shocked to hear Christmas is your favorite holiday though, I never would have guessed LOL.
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  28. the lo's are soooooooooo fun love that you finally got your puppy!!! and the road less traveled lo... wow wow wow!!! you're amazing!!! too fun all the great goodies you go... enjoy them and i can't wait to see what you do with them.
    {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)