Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mama says that Christmas MIRACLES DO HAPPEN! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Soooooooooooooo this is Brookie's FOURTH Christmas.....we can't REALLY count the first one...as she was ONLY two months old at the time...and Santa didn't really mean ANYTHING to her then...lol....but every YEAR since...she has talked and talked and talked about WANTING to SEE SANTA....and then we get there and SHE FREAKS out and CRIES!!!!! LOL LOL LOL!!! Here is my proof!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

This is from 2007....notice her SCREAMING bloody murder!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sooooooooooooo let's FAST FORWARD to 2009.....we went yesterday to a school bazzar at my friends daughters school .... and as soon as Brookie saw THIS.......
She was DONE!!!! LOL!!! Ummmmmmmmmmmm Mama....Santa don't ride a MOTORCYCLE!!! LOL!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
But after A LOT A LOT A LOT of BEGGING.....we GOT her to AT LEAST approach Santa!! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):)

And then ... as my title for this post suggests...MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!!! LOL! :):):):):):):) But LOOK at her EYES though...she's not to sure YET!!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):)



Not ONE TEAR this time....NOT ONE SCREAM.....in FACT...LOOK ... there's a SMILE! :):):):):):):):):):)



 

Soooooooooo Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus...and Brookie IS FINALLY NOT AFRAID OF HIM!!!!! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Here are some other photos from our time at the bazzar! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)




 

 

 


Next....I want to share the LO I made for Sketchy Thursday's! :):):):):):):):):):):):) These photos are from when I went and visited my dear friend Kristina in Northern California in February!!! Had sooooooooooooo much fun there! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)  I used a NoelMignon.com kit on this lo! :):):):):):):):):):)
 


 


Next I want to share a LO I made ... just for FUN!!!! During this time of the year...I ALWAYS get quotes from "Christmas Vacation" stuck in my head...lol lol lol....and sooooooooooooooo I had these photos of this squirrel...lol lol lol....I just KEPT hearing in my head "SQUIRREL!!!" (LOL...if U are a fan of the movie...you'll get it!!! LOL!!!)..... I again used a NoelMignon.com kit on this lo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)




 

And the last LO I want to share is for the LATEST challenge that went up today at These are a Few of My Favorite Things!!!!!! This time we wanna see YOUR FAVE DECADE!!!!!! Mine says...."I made the '70's LOOK GOOD!" LOL LOL LOL :):):):):):):):):) And yes yes yes yes yes....whether U want to believe me or NOT....that IS ME.....NOT BROOKIE!!!! LOL LOL LOL!!!! Yes, I know...the poor girl looks like her Mama!!! LOL!! This time I used a KennerRoad.com kit on this lo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
 


 

 
Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to all! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

33 comments:

  1. Glad Brookie isn't scared of Santa anymore-he really is a nice guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....yay for brave Miss Brookie and no more tears :) Cute layouts! I love the pics on the 70's page, too fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww fun pics, babe! and I love how you did that star on the layout! so creative! beautiful paper flowers, too! sweet projects, baby! Have a great day!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi gorgeous gal, firstly, sooooooooooo glad you got the flowers, but I have another surprise for you too which you will receive very shortly, so stay tuned for that......... And I just adore the flowers in your These Are The Days layout, oh and the 70's challenge project, I simply Love this, what a fabulous idea, I really think I'm going to do this one!!!!! And I am soooooooooooo glad that Brookie now thinks Santa is cool, such great memories you have, you can have a giggle at her 21st about it all, I'm sure hehe. Chat soon ravishing rosebud xxxxxxxxxx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for Brookie, cuz Santa is GREAT!!! Love the pics. Also love the layout you made for ST...what a great wet photo! Also, how could anyone not know "Christmas Vacation" and LOVE IT!!! In fact, while I'm sick I may lay on the couch and watch it:)
    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo's Julie!Wow..Brookie is so awesome!!
    i love your new work...beautiful layouts..love your seventies LO and it's amazing how much Brookie looks like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in the first few years of photos with Santa, as Bryn is screaming & reaching for me. LOL! Gotta ♥ those priceless memories! It's also funny to see Brian wearing shorts in a Santa photo, as we're always in turtlenecks & winter clothes here!

    I ♥ all 3 LO's, but your FAV DECADE LO is my FAV Julie LO ever. Such a great design & cute everything. Gotta ♥ that Cosmo Cricket on there! :-)

    Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O' how fun! So glad Brookie didnt cry this time around. Great layouts as always my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha, I had so much fun reading this post! GREAT photo's of Brookie and Santa! I'm so glad she's not afraid anymore!!
    And just what Deana said: it's so funny to see Brian is shorts together with Santa! Here in Holland that's totally impossible, it's cold and rainy!
    LOVE all three layouts but of course your 70's is my favorite!! LOVE those gorgeous photo's!!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH, BTW, I cannot wait for you to see what I am doing for the Fave Things this time!! I'm so excited about this challenge:) If only my body could feel like doing more than five minutes at a time!! Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Brookie! I had to hold Lucy's hand yesterday, when we saw our Motorcylcing Santa. Hoping she is a little braver when we go to see the shopping centre santa next month.
    LOVE the layouts! Have I told you lately that you are amazing and I love ya??

    ReplyDelete
  12. two observations: #1 it just ain't right that you are seeing Santa and Brian has on shorts!!!
    #2 that picture of you in the bottom right hand corner of the 70's LO I would swear is Brookie! I've seen so many photos you've posted of her with the same exact look! :):):):):):):)
    like mother like daughter I suppose!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wrote you a long long comment but it wouldn't go through - must be a problem with my dsl provider, or my wireless system and trucks driving by my house. I love your layouts (the first two are so simple and perfect with the photos, that cool woodsy paper, and a few embellies) and the fun photos of Brooke with Santa. love your TAAFOMFT layout but are you sure that's you? LOL Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy Moses, your LOs are fab! And those cute photos - adorable :) Congrats as winner of Scrap That Poetry :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! I saw your post on Lydia's blog and thought I'd stop by to say hello. Your poor baby looks terrified of Santa on that first pic. This year it looks like she finally got a little more comfy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wait a min.... santa heads to hot AZ?! doesn't he feel HOT wearing his suit when he goes over there?! HAHAHA. jk ;)

    okay, so that photo of brookie crying with santa is def priceless! i'm so glad you guys got smiley photos this year! wahoooo!!!

    and those layouts are kicking my butt.... i'm totally unmotivated to scrap right now... and i've got to finish some stuff this week. lol

    here's to a great week, boss!

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to see her smile as she's sitting with Santa!!!
    Much better than the screaming pic!

    Love the LO's Julie!!!
    And wow, Brooke really looks just the same like you!!!

    HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the pictures with Santa, and the lo's are gorgeous, I love the flower you used and I love the pictures from the animals! That you can make so many lo's wowow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey there Missy J2 loving these layouts and the pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh Julie love all the LO's!!! especially the flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable photos and love the elf link!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. o that first photo is priceless! and wow does she ever look like you! i love that 70's page:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh yay! So glad Brookie finally decided she like Santa! Your pics are so cute! I ADORE the 70's LO!!! Brings back lots of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hooraaaayyyy for Santa's that makes little girls smile! Love your "70's layout"... you look a bit like me when I was young but I think I'm a little (much?) older - eeeekkkkk!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful layouts!! I love the screaming photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey there Julie, thanks for staying in touch...Love the photos of Brooke and Santa Claus. I was only talking to my 8 y.o. about whether she will sit on Santa's knee this year and she said, "I'm not sure...Will it be the real Santa or Santa's helper". She is such a chicken!! Love your 70's outfits too. XX

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the story of Brookie and Santa... too cute... and yeah... she's found out he's wonderful... Rainee...first year... 6mos... she was so small in his arms... you can hardly see her.... every year since... she's had a doggie along... to help her... but she loves Santa... LOL! love love love those memories they go by too too fast!
    I love all the lo's... the squirrl kills me... lol!!! and as I said on what's your fave.... I love your lo... it's just sooooooooo sweet with you as the subject... it's so special... love it!!!

    Have a GREAT week! {{big hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your beach pictures and the stitching is awesome! Thanks for playing along!
    Jennifer C. Sketchy Thursdays dt

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lots of good stuff here! Those flowers on your ST layout are some of my faves! Thanks for playing along with us!!
    -Diana, Sketchy Thursdays founder

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love that picture of Bookie with Santa, she looks so upset but so cute at the same time. She seems to be doing much better now. Loving those flowers on your layout! OMGOSH! I want some!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your Sketchy Thursdays LO. I'm from Nor Cal and miss it so much! I love those flowers. I'm going to have to get myself some. Thank you for sharing your work - so inspiring!

    Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOL!!! That squirrel layout is hysterical! That line in the movie always makes me laugh even thought I've watched it about 30 times!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)