Sunday, September 27, 2009

*Open for Discussion and some Wide Open Spaces* :):):):):):):):)

Hi all.....

I wanted to share the LO's I made for One Little Word (OLW).  This time the word is OPEN....and JUST like before ... I couldn't decide on one LO to make....soooooooooo I made two for this word!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):) 

"Open For Discussion" is the title for my first LO.  And here is my journaling:

  • Hollywood's definition of beauty needs to be re-defined.  Everyone is beautiful - it needs to be said more often. 
  • Cut Obama some slack - if you had 8 years of problems to fix - could you do it in one day?
  • Take photos with your kids - you may not like what you see - but I can promise you - your kids just see "Mom" - you'll be glad you did. 
  • Call centers need to eliminate Auto Voice Response systems - I don't care how much $ it saves - they SUCK!
  • I believe in innocent until proven guilty - but the guilty should be given the full punishment. 
  • Mean people suck. Period.
  • Health care should be affordable and available to everyone.
  • I would love to see Hollywood and sports figures to give teachers their salaries for one year - teachers deserve more money!
  • When we are kids, we are taught to respect the police - when we are older - we lose that respect - Why?
  • People may not like his approach - but Michael Moore is a genius - and should be heard.
  • Respect your elders - you are going to be one someday.

*phew* yep.....and that's NOT even HALF of what's on my mind!!!! LOL!!!! I used a Kenner Road kit on this one! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)





 


 


 


 


 


 


 



And the next one I made is titled, "Wide Open Spaces" ... I used the lyrics from the song by the Dixie Chicks....loveeeeeeeeeeee that song! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Here are the lyrics:

Who doesn't know what I'm talking about
Who's never left home who's never struck out
To find a dream and a life of their own
A place in the clouds a foundation of stone
Many precede and many will follow
A young girl's dream no longer hollow
It takes the shape of a place out West
But what it holds for her she hasn't yet guessed
She needs wide open spaces
Room to make her big mistakes
She needs new faces
She knows the high stakes
She traveled this road as a child
Wide-eyed and grinning she never tired
But now she won't be coming back with the rest
If these are life's lessons, she'll take the test
She needs wide open spaces
Room to make her big mistakes
She needs new faces
She knows the high stakes
As her folks drive away her dad yells, "Check the oil!"
Mom stares out the window and says
"I'm leaving my girl."
She says, "It didn't seem like that long ago
When she stood there and let her own folks know."
She needs wide open spaces
Room to make her big mistakes
She needs new faces
She knows the high stakes






 


 


 


Thanks for stopping by and LOVE TO ALL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)








47 comments:

Heather said...

I love the layout with you in it, your photo is so pretty! Great topics too!

As far at the necklace/charm goes I just realized that you can get any initial on it that you want...it doesn't have to be a "B". If it's okay with you e-mail me your phone number, and I'll give you a call a little later on.

Heather said...

I love the layout with you in it, your photo is so pretty! Great topics too!

As far at the necklace/charm goes I just realized that you can get any initial on it that you want...it doesn't have to be a "B". If it's okay with you e-mail me your phone number, and I'll give you a call a little later on.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer Campbell said...

I love your layouts... especially the first one where you put all your thoughts out there! I loved reading them! Thanks for being a great inspiration!

That's Who I Am said...

Wow! I love both of your los...I really like the pin tack stickers! Those are so cute and the way you tore the paper really neat! I love that wide open spaces song too:) Great work girl!

Beth Perry said...

I love this part:
I would love to see Hollywood and sports figures to give teachers their salaries for one year - teachers deserve more money!

so awesome babe...on BOTH layouts!! :D
Love you sweets!
HOpe you had a wonderful weekend
B

Tonia_and_boys_Inc. said...

well, i just absolutely ADORE both of these l/o's!!! and i just noticed that we make our "a"'s the same!!!

and oooh, i have always soo loved "wide open spaces" (i'll have that in my head all day--WEEK--now probably!! lol) i love the way you did EVERYTHING in these l/o's!! seriously.

and, you are beautiful, sweet friend.

love, tonia

Hanneke said...

Loooove what you did here!! GREAT LO'S totally love how you did that and OH MY do you look GREAT on that pic!!!
Big hug Hanneke

Jeanet said...

Julie..I LOVE these layouts!!LOve the journaling on the fist..really awesome!!Love your design too and all the embellies and that PP to go with it!That photo of you is so very beautiful!!!
And I love the second one also..loving those Dixie Chicks!!Beautiful song and gorgeous LO!
Stunning work!!

Jocelyn said...

Julie...how awesome....love the pics of you and I agree with all of the things you discussed!!!! The open spaces is just beautiful...thanks for sharing with us and wishing you a week filled with smiles!!!! :)

Nicole Renee said...

Love that first layout, it is so awesome! Love the picture and all the little pins.

Jen said...

Gorgeous layouts!

Chris said...

I just love both of your layouts and your guts to speak your mind (I pretty much totally agree with you on everything). I love that photo of you and I love that song - anymore I don't usually do the OLW but you are inspiring me.....

*kim* said...

love that Open for Discussion LO!!!!! That picture of you is so pretty. :)

You had some great points there too. :)

Happy Sunday.

deana said...

Both LO's are totally ADORABLE. I am really lovin' those push pins. What manuf is that? Sooooo CUTE! :-)

I see 2 comments that you deleted. :-(

Love ya!

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

so love "open for discussion" - I agree with it all. xx

Lydia Siegel said...

spectacular! I love both layouts and I too want to know who makes those push pins.

Jamie the Smarty Pants said...

Oh My WOW!!!! These are both amazing, I am speechless !!!! You are so talented I am so proud to say I know you Hugs Jamie

sarah said...

hi dearest!!!

LOVE that open discussion layout!!! i might have to lift that one from you! it's ingenious! :)

and i pretty much agree with you on all of those issues. LOL. great minds think alike. ;)

love to you friend.

hugs,
sarah.

ps: mean people do suck! hahaha.

Julie said...

these are great Missy J2.

Peggy said...

Both Lo's are beautiful!! I love the way you put your thoughts on paper in the first one, and the second one, well the lyrics are just so pretty and it's just pretty to look at as well! Good job!
xxx Peggy

Dora said...

Absolutely amazing Julie, and that picture of you.....I will send you a mail, want to make something for you...
Gorgeous work and that journaling is outstanding!

Angie Delarie said...

I so love the first Layout!
Wow Julie so great!

Jacqueline said...

Suh a great photo of you on the 'open for discussion' LO!
I can only say that I agree with you on all of your topics!!!

Love the other LO too!!

HUGS!!

chelemom said...

Love both LO's but especially the first one! Love the little journaling blocks on spiral paper and those little thumbtacks! So cute!

Melonie said...

Love both of these Julie....especially Open for discussion! Hope you have a super Monday:)

Sweet Marie said...

OMG !!!! Those layouts are simply amazing. Love how you put the journaling in the first one and the pic in the second one is stunning. Love love love !!!!

EverydayMe said...

omg... I love them... the open for discussion...is just too too great for words... and the wide open spaces... wow... it's just beautiful... you constantly amaze me!!!
TTFN {{HUGS}} Michelle

Antonia said...

OMG...I TOTALLY LOVE your Open for Discussion page!! I love your discussion points and the photo. And, the design is just way too much fun!! I forsee myself lifing this one :)

Ps. I sooooo agree about the call centers. I had to deal with Cox Communications yesterday and before I had even spoken my response the automated voice said, "You said Digital TV, is this correct?" And, when I told it "No" and replied, "Internet", it responded with, "You said Digital Phone service, is this correct?" Seriously...WTF?!

Lynn said...

Awesome layouts!!!!

Amy said...

Love those layouts! Your picture is cute!

Kristi B. said...

Great layouts Julie! I am a big fan of journaling. Not only did you make great layouts but you knocked them out of the park with your journaling. :)

Staci said...

Beautiful layouts Julie!!! You are so creative and I love looking at your pages!!

Marlies said...

AMEN girl! Love your ideas, your handwriting and that pretty picture of yours!!!

Marlies :)

Marta said...

Oh Julie looooove, love the LO's, cute photos, and colours and design...Super!!!!
XX
Marta

McMGrad89 said...

Thanks for stopping by.

I love how you used the notebook paper for all of your thoughts. Very creative.

Lori said...

Beautiful lo's Julie!!!

Happy Tuesday!!!

xoxo

patri oliveira said...

Soooo cool your LO!! I love what you write and all stuffs!! Amazing!!

Patri

KristenJo said...

LOVE the layouts!!!! I love your work :)

Cathy said...

Ohhhhh I love your take on the word, its amazing. I hate mean people too.

jacque4u2c said...

These just ROCK!!!! Plain and simple - SO DO YOU!!!!

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

Very cute, great idea - my personal favorite, "Mean People Suck." It's great you share your beliefs, it's who you are!I love you did it in a creative way. How bout them Giants!!!!!! lol And Yes, do not utter Brett's name on my blog again, lol lol lol!!!! Damn, he's still got it. Wish the niners had him!

LOVE YOU!
deb

Petra van Osch said...

Both are great!! But I especially love your discussion lo ;)

Petra van Osch said...

Hi Julie,



Visiting your blog was my pleasure ;)

Thanks for your sweet (and always enthousiastic) comment!

I miss your layouts at SIS? When I look at your member profile it says total layouts: 0 and I can't see your gallery What happened?



Hugs from the Netherlands! Petra

gudrun said...

Your LOs are absolutely AWESOME!!!
Thanks for sharing and playing along. :)

Denise said...

Julie I don't know you very well and I try not to like people just because I agree with them or they agree with me but YES!!! to everything, seriously. Ditto. signing the bottom of yours and I like you woman!