Friday, September 11, 2009

My 9/11 story....a LO of my Favorite Girls...and some ETSY loving :):):):):):):):):)

Hi all.....
I want to thank all of you that shared your comments with me in remembering 09/11/01 in my post from this morning.....I wanted to take a moment and share some more.....


On 09/11/01, I was riding to work with my BFF Dani, we were listening to a CD in her truck, so we didn't hear any "news" on the way there. At the time we worked for a major corporation in their Phoenix, AZ. call center.  Being a call center, any time U walked in the building U would hear chatter.  Not today. We walk in and it is dead silent, and everyone is standing. We looked at each other and wondered why. We see a friend. She tells up about the first airplane. We are in shock. As Dani is heading to her desk to try and reach her family (as they live in NJ and NY), the next plane hits. In our cafeteria, we had a HUGE screen TV that was always playing CNN. This is where most of the employees stayed throughout the day. This corporation that we worked for, was owned by Morgan Stanley at that time. Morgan Stanley was in tower 2 of the twin towers and also occupied the most floors out of all the companies that were located there. Slowly, as the news was pouring in about Washington and Pennsylvania.....the day seemed to grow darker and darker....I had to stay at work that day, but I made arrangements with my Brother and Mom to get Adam and keep him near them.....Almost immediately, our call center in Phoenix was called into action. They made a command center and every Morgan Stanley employee that worked in the twin towers was listed on a huge board. They started shifts of calling every employee until every one was accounted for. The stories we heard from family members and employees themselves was heart wrenching. I can't even describe the pain that was heard in their voices. I still get tears remembering that. In the end, Morgan Stanley lost few employees, but they still had ones lost.

Adam was only 4 on 09/11/01. He sat with my Mom and Brother all day and cried with them. Mommy came home from work, and he cried with me. He didn't understand why the bad men hurt us. But, as the years have gone on, I can say that Adam's memory of that day hasn't. He still feels sadness when that day is mentioned. He still honors this day by dressing in his patriotic clothes. Instead of shrugging these young memories off, he has learned from them and always remembered. When I took him to NYC for the first time, we visited Ground Zero. He cried. He asked me WHY. He got on his knees and said he was sorry to all those lost. He saw a NYPD police woman standing near Ground Zero. He asked me if he could talk to her. I said yes. He went to her and said (He was 6 at this time), "thank you," and she looked at him and said, "Why?" and he said, "For what you do for this city and for everyone. And I want to tell you sorry also." and again she said, "Why?" and he said, "because you lost some of your friends that day." She looked at me, and smiled through her tears and thanked Adam and gave him a hug. I was never more proud of him on that day.

As some of your remember, Lee Greenwood's song, "God Bless the USA" was played a lot after 09/11/01, Adam fell in love with this song. He thought they were always playing it for him, because he loved it so much....so I'd like to share this video....it does have 09/11/01 news footage in it....so, please do not watch this if you do not want to re-live this.........

Thanks for letting me share my stories.....I know that I did not suffer personally that day, but I truly believe we all have a story to share......
Now, I want to share  the LO that I have been hiding from girls...lol! :):):):):):):):) I made this LO for the latest challenge that is happening at Dotty Divas! :):):):):):):):):)
The challenge was based on a sketch and this is what I created!!!!! My title is "These are a few of my Favorite Girls!" and these are MY AMAZING Design Team from These are a Few of my Favorite Things! :):):):):):):):):):):)  
I had a different vision for this....but....I am hoping the girls like it!!!!! I can NOT express to them what they mean to me!!!!!!!!! They put up with my MAJOR email addiction to them....lol....they listen to me whine when I am having a bad day....and they are just amazingly talented....I seriously have picked an awesome group of girls...and I love them! :):):):):):):):):) And YES....I DID GLUE down ALL THE pieces U see on here!!! LOL!!! Took me FOREVER!!! LOL!! :):):):) So, to my girls, thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

 

  
 

And let's see.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes....*sigh* I will admit it right now...I am VERY new to the world of ETSY....I know, I know, what's WRONG WITH ME??? LOL!!!!! Now, please be kind (and fair! lol)....I am showing you people that I have won YUMMY ETSY goodies from or have purchased them....sooooooooo please don't get upset with me, if you are a bloggy friend of mine and I didn't mention U.....its not on purpose....I'm still learning my way around there...lol!!! Soooooooooooo, if u have an ETSY shop and wanna share it with me.....pretty please do! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Here is Peggy's -She recently started her shop and was nice enough to send me one of her YUMMY VINTAGE kits to get my opinion....OMYGOSH....loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee her kits....she packages them up so nicely....and I loveeeeeeee all the vintage goodies! :):):):):):):):):) 
 
Next, My Sweet Sweet girl Jessi (Our GDT for August over at FAVE THINGS!) was kind enough to have a give-away on her ETSY blog.... and I WON!!! YAY!!!! She MAKES the CUTEST TAGS!!! LOVE them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)  
And her Sister Tonia....also has an ETSY shop and she makes the CUTEST FLOWERS and LEAVES!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
 

And my BP....my darling darling darling darling BETH PERRY....she is becoming the YOYO FLOWER MAKING QUEEN! :):):):):):) And this is what I bought from her ETSY SHOP! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
And here are some other WONDERFUL Etsy Shops I have found along the way....... :):):):):):):):):):)

Here is my SWEETEST of all SWEETS Cass's shop! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee VINTAGE! :):):):):):):):):):):):)


This girl Nan...LOVE her....and she shared Edward with me in Tennessee!!! Gotta love that....here is her SHOP! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And I learned about this AMAZING girl Jodie thru my other blog friends...and HOLY WOW...her flowers are GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):)


And U soooooooooooooooo need to check out what MY girl HEATHER can do with a license plate!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And last but not least....I wanna share my friend Kristina's shop....seriously....if this WONDERFUL friend of mine could JUST give me an ounce of her PHOTO skills....ohhhhhhhhhhh life would be so much sweeter! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)



Sooooooooooooooooooo I know....yet again....Julie has written a novel....lol.....but before I sign off....wanted to show U the image that was showing in my patio door the other night...... it was the MOON times THREE!!! LOL! :):):):):):):):) And I wanna share a photo of my babies....because I love them....DADDY took this photo! :):):) Thanks Daddy! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) LOVE TO ALL!
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
 
 

28 comments:

  1. well, your story brought tears my dear! What a sensitive child you are blessed to have. (wonder where he gets that??? :) )

    love love love that layout. You always amaze me with your made skills.

    Gotta love some Etsy! Other than checking on my few items, I have to stay away!!!!! :):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, that's a lot of lovin'!! but you've got great taste!! lol seriously, i was following your links, and they're leading me to some very pretty things on etsy!! i could spend HOURS browsing on there!!

    have a GREAT WEEKEND girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you freakin' kidding me??? That LO is AMAZING & must've taken you WAY MORE than 1/2 hour!!! :-) Oh. my. GOODNESS!!!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! :-) You are just crazy talented my friend!

    I will always remember exactly where I was on 9-11. I was in the kitchen watching the Today show. Bryn was with me & only 3 months old. I watched the planes hit on live tv. I ran into the bathroom, where Bob was getting ready for work & told him that a plane had just hit the WTC. He immmediately said, "terrorists" without even seeing the footage yet. My dad was on an airplane that morning, that was re-routed, mid-flight, back to St Louis. I did not personally lose anyone, thank God, but I'll never forget it as long as I live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's crazy that most everyone has a memory of what they were doing when that happened. :( i know i do...

    i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that layout! :) check out these smileys :):):):):):):):):):):) that's how happy i am because i saw your rock'n layout!!! :)

    and by the way... i think you are on like 96 or 95 of your emails right now. i'm still waiting for the rest of them ;)

    okay that is all...

    LOVE YOU GIRL!!

    hugs,
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg Julie, I can honestly tell you that I think this is one of my favorite layouts you have done. It is soooooooo cute!!! Lok at all that bling girl, you rocked it! That is my kind of work, lol lol.
    Nice job, and etsy- O-M-G, addicted- you are just NOW getting hooked, where have you been????? Well, better late than never right!!!!!!!!! have a great weekend, love deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooooo, I am crying for multiple reasons. First you had me sobbing with your recounting of your 9/11 story. It brought all the emotions of that day rushing back. I was in NYC with Keri roughly a year later and we visited Ground Zero. And very eerie feeling came over us as we walked the streets surrounding the area. I could literally see people running toward me in fear. I know that sounds crazy but the impact that day had on us all cannot be denied. And the Lee Greenwood song is one of my all time faves...even before that day, but more so now.

    After collecting myself from that crying session, I saw your LO. You know, I don't think I've ever cried over a LO before. LOL! That is THE most amazing LO!!!!!!!! The amount of detail is incredible. Are you sure you glued all that down? LOL! I truly LOVE IT!!!!!!

    Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of your team. I never cease to feel honored and humbled that you would ask me to join you. I love you!!!!! L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there Julie! I love your layout and your 9/11 story is so sweet! Thanks for all the Etsy links - I hadn't heard of any of those shops!

    P.S. I love your layout for tomorrow's song! (he he he)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there Julie! I love your layout and your 9/11 story is so sweet! Thanks for all the Etsy links - I hadn't heard of any of those shops!

    P.S. I love your layout for tomorrow's song! (he he he)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Julie, you can spread the words you want, it's your blog, and if we don't want to read it, we don't do that. But everybody want to read the story you write, I still remember 9/11 and will never forget!
    Your lo's are wonderful as always love the one for My favorite thing, beautiful colors!
    Have a super weekend girl! And be blessed with all you have and all that is given to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Julie,what a heartfelt story about 9/11.

    LOVE,love,love your LO..AMAZING!So much work you put up for us....you really much love us...LOL!I 'm sooo loving this Julie...thank you so much for this...you are the bestest and the sweetest!LOVE U!
    And thanks for showing all the etsy shops love...now you have me stuck on my PC to look at all that beauty!Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. O my gosh you make me feel sooooo great with that awesome LO!!! THANKS!!!!! And what a story, I have tears in my eyes right now!!
    I rember we where at my parents that night watching the news and my mom was already very sick (she was in a hospitalbed downstairs) and she was so worried about everything that happened that day, what would become of this world and us, it was the last time she said anything directly to us after that day she got sicker and died a month later! And I still feel so bad that she didn't see that things did change but that we all still live the life we where used to!!! I don't talk about this so much, but now I did! Thanks sweetheart , love you!!!! (snif)
    Hugs Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG OMG OMG.... I don't like the layout you made, I looooooooooove looooooooooove loooooooooooove it TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!!!
    What a great great job, Julie, your mojo is just endless!!!! And being on a photo there, being called "one of my favorite girls" by you, woooooow, there's no words to express how happy it makes me and how lucky I feel to have met you all and to be part of this amazing group! Thank you Julie, you are making my day start brighter!!!!

    I'll check out those Etsy stores, of course, thanks for the tip! And as for your 9/11 story, it's very touching and I understand how Adam feels about this. I did cry a lot too when I visited the Ground Zero... there's nothing in the world that could make us understand what happened and why....

    Love you, girl, thanks again and have a wonderful weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layout is simply stunning! I hope you frame it and display it somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok...you can have a vampire or Winchester sandwich.
    Love love love you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think anyone will ever forget where they were on 9/11...
    I love your layout too!! I'm also new to Etsy- thanks for sharing those links!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. okay... so I'm crying now... that day brings back so many memories...

    the lo is soooooooooo fun fun fun... I love it!!! And all the Etsy stores... why did you make me look... and I love the yoyo bracelet.... it's just so fun!!! I think I really need to get one of those!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Now I have to go shopping!! lol!!! :D
    {{HUGS}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sniff! Sniff! That story is just priceless!

    Lovin' your finds!!!!! Admit it - it addicting!!!

    LUV LUV! The layout - so much detail!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Girl that LO rocks!!! And I love all your etsy finds! Ok so you have to remind me too keep coming back to your blog to check on you! I seem to be missing that whole Twin telepathy thing lately:):) So now that I am here I just wanted to say..... I LOVE YOU!
    oh and I also love the photog of the 3 moons.. very cool indeed! oh and Adam and Brookie are as cute as ever:)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! I love that layout Julie!! It is beautiful!!! I can't believe all the little details in it. And now I'm gonna have to check out those etsy shops:) Thanks for the shout out, you are the best! Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!!! I was definitly crying throughout your 9-11 remembrance!!! What a touching story and I'm sure we all will never forget that day!!!! sigh, breathe!!

    On a happier note your LO is flippy FANTASTIC!!!!! Love the detailed heart and all the photos surrounding it!!!!

    Have a fabulous weekend!!!!

    Hugs, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a scary 9/11 story for you. Poor baby Adam not understanding what was going on. I was at work too, and it felt like I should be somewhere else, but I didnt know where. Love love love your favorite things layout! And I have an Etsy shop with kits in it, currently empty! lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so glad I finally got around tonight to checking out blogs. Your 9/11 story is amazing. Adam did a wonderful thing in talking to the police woman. What a great little man. Not knowing anyone personally or through work conditions who lost someone I can't even imagine the pain they have to relive every year.

    Thanks for mentioning my etsy shop. Hopefully I'll be able to 'compensate' you for the ton of business you'll send me!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love me some Etsy and I will be sure to check out the stores you have mentioned (mine is on temporary hiatus) I also LOVE your LO and I am working on one with LOTS of little pieces too so I laughed when I read about the gluing. We will never forget 9/11 in our house either. Thanks for sharing your story. Ok now I have written a novel too:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Julie, you must be so proud of Adam, handling himself so responsibly at that age. 9/11 shocked people all over the world. I remember hearing about the first plane hitting the tower while driving home from a doctor's appointment with my daughter Chloƫ. I turned on the TV just to see a second plane crashing into the tower. My husband and I watched CNN the entire day, and I remember walking around all day in total disbelief and horror. I find myself not asking why anyone would do this, but how? How can someone be capable of doing something like that? I'm sure whoever did this will have the answer to the why, and it may even sound reasonable in their twisted minds, but how does one bring themselves to cause so much pain to others. I'll never understand, I'm just not able to grasp something like that. Anyhow, thanks for sharing your story Julie, I hadn't really considered the effect it has had on young children. Thanks for making me aware.

    About your LO, well, it's obvious you put a lot of work and love in that LO, which makes it even extra special to me. It's lovely!

    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your story. And isn't Etsy the best?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG GIRL You are the BEST!!! Thank you THANK YOU for mentioning my blog and Etsy. *hugs you tightly* You rock hard core!
    PS how many more days to new moon woman? HOW MANY MORE DAYS. HUGS YOU! Love you and your 9/11 story.

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a sweetie pie!! i'm not surprised that he did tat. you taught him well, my friend. :)
    thanks so much for the etsy shout out! i will be updating it soon with tons of new prints!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)