Saturday, September 19, 2009

How many glue dots in the eye can ONE person take??? hehehehehe :):):):):):):):):)

Hi all......

I will TRY and make this a short story (who am I kidding, right?? LOL!)...my dear friend Krista ALWAYS teases me, because I HAVE to have this tool with ME any time I scrap





....it is REALLY for paper piercing...but I NEVER use it for that!! lol!! Krista teases me becuase I use it for glue dots...(U know...the ones that come on the roll?) I have NO patience for putting the paper and roll of glue dots together...nooooo...I use my paper piercer to take them off the roll and put the glue dot where I need it.....sooooo........................................
I have BEEN frantically working on a house warming gift for a co-worker this week! In fact, it was my wonderful friend Krista that gave me the idea for this! :):):)  I NEED it DONE by this MORNING, so I can take it work with me, as the co-worker is off next week to get settled in her new home...of course, in ENTERS Murphy and his WONDERFUL laws...lol.I have been working on this since Tuesday night, (remember folks, I also work full-time, and have kids and hubby to care for...so no judging...lol!) and off course this and that and this and that has STOPPED me from finishing it....sooooo last night I am DONE with the MAIN part..now just to GLUE it all together..ENTER this MORNING..remember that last post about getting up at 3AM?? Well, today was no exception to the time...BUT the routine was FRANTIC..I glued the pieces together last night, so they could dry....but this MORNING, I had to add the finishing touches..WHICH meant MANY MANY MANY GLUE DOTS...and HOW does Julie USE glue dots??? With her piercer, of course!! LOL! Sooooo, I have showered, done my hair, but because I know I will be "working" on this...I had put my pj's back on, don't need a messy outfit for work u know...lol...sooooo in comes PIERCER and GLUE DOTS..(please remember, I am TIRED, I have been staying up WAY late to get this done too...lol!)...I get a glue dot and FLING....RIGHT onto MY EYELID!!!! Are U kidding me?? I feel around my face, and get it, and then I try again....and FLING....AGAIN onto the eyelid....of course, I don't have a MIRROR at my work table, that would make toooo much sense! So, feel around again for it and peel it off!! TRY AGAIN..and YEPPPPPPPPP U GUESSED IT...FLING...ONTO MY EYELID AGAIN....seriously, at this point...I realize I must be MORE tired than I realized, and I walk away and take a break....DEADLINE for this or not! LOL!! Soooooo..after a break, WE HAVE no MORE eyelid incidents and we FINISH the PROJECT!!!! Woooooooooooooo! Rahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! (insert Julie standing and taking a bow...hehehehehehe) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

And here we have it.....the END RESULT!!!!! I made this using Nikki Sivils's Victoria's Street chipboard houses and papers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) And yes, for THOSE of U that are WONDERING....I am MAKING MORE OF THESE.....because I believe I DO know SOME other GIRLS that recently have MOVED into NEW HOMES....hmmmmmmmmmmm.....who could they be??? :):):):):):):):):):):):) And also, for those of U that are wondering...MY EYELIDS are FINE...and my co-worker LOVED it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)






 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 






And I wanted to share ANOTHER lo I made using Nikki Sivils's BOO-tiful line!! :):):):):):):):) One of our Lead DT members (Hilde) is showcasing all the lo's the DT made for a sketch challenge that we are hosting on Nikki's blog! :):):):) The SKETCH ROCKS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee it!! It was created by our fellow DT member, Kat...and here is my take on the sketch! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)







 



 



 



 




Also I wanted to share my LO for the NEWEST These are a Few of My Favorite Things CHALLENGE!!! This time we WANT to see YOUR FAVE ROOM!!!! :):):):):):):):):) Mine was my kitchen back home in New York... :):):):):):):):)

My title reads: "back home...happiness was made here"
My journaling (on the library card) reads: "Most of my happiest memories as a child happened here. This is where we ate our family dinners-Mom baked her AMAZING chocolate chip cookies-we carved our Halloween pumpkins here-dyed our Easter eggs here-had friends gather-look out that kitchen window on snowy school mornings-just tosee if there was enough snow to cancel school for the day-yep-everything happened in here."







 



 



 



 




I used a NoelMignon.com kit on this LO! :):):):):):) Hope U all can play along! :):):):):):):):):):)

And the last thing I wanna share.....ok, well, TWO things I wanna share....the FIRST is for Vicki and Ashley....hehehehehehehehe I TOLD U that dog toy I got Mr. Dandy at the Rain Forrest Cafe was ALMOST as big as HIM!!!!!!! LOL :):):):):):):):):)







And the SECOND thing I wanna share....my dear sweet Hanneke sent me and Brookie some goodies this week!!!!! I wanted to show Miss Brookie showing off her new toys....and Hanneke....SHE TAKES them EVERYWHERE.....they have to "ride" with her to school, and when we pick her up in the afternoon..she picks these up first, before she gets buckled up!!! Soooooooooo YEP....she LOVES them! Thanks my dearest! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)







 




LOVE TO ALL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

40 comments:

  1. where do i even start??? hahaha
    1st, i love that you get up, shower, AND do your hair, and then slip back into pj's to craft!!! this makes me love you even more!! the project turned out amazing, btw!! i adore it!!!! what a great gift!
    2nd, The Intimidator l/o gets me in the gut. I grew up loving Dale Earnhardt...what a great costume, layout, and memory of your son!! i def. relate to that one :) :) :) :)
    3rd, I soooo heart that "happiness is made here"!!!
    and that is soo cute about brookie and her new toys!!!! :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, so your story cracks me up!!!!! how in the heck did you even got glue dots flung onto your eyelid?! hahaha... LOL.

    i'm still trying to figure out how you use a paper piercer for the glue dots. hmmm.... i'll have to ponder about that one.

    that project is so creative!!! love it! :)

    and why is brookie so adorable?!? hehe... she looks so happy with hanneke's gift!!

    i
    have
    to
    tell
    you
    something
    else.
    it's
    really
    good
    news!
    do
    you
    like
    how
    i'm
    typing
    this?!
    i
    stole
    your
    writing
    style!
    LOL
    :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I can safely state that glue dots do not double as contact lenses. and really Julie, how do you fling them at your eyes??? I wanna see that in person!!!

    beautiful work as usual and I always love Brookie's sweet smile!

    silly! thanks for the laugh!

    (can my identity today be superdeathgirlrunninggoddess instead of phin??? : .)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie!
    You crack me up!
    love your version of my idea. even cooler than what i was thinking of originally and LOVE the plant in it!

    and the breadless ties as the tables! brilliant!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't move but I wish I was;)
    And the lo's are stunning! love your story about he gluedots....I just see it happend, it's early in the morning here, sitting with my coffee and read this.....almost the coffee is over the laptop;)
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man Julie, you could have warned me that you didnt poke yourself in the eye with the piercer trying to get a glue dot off! Im reading and waiting for it to get gory! Im glad your eyes are ok, how silly! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE all your projects! How fun, and sweet of you! Oh and I havent mailed your lo yet cause I am also working on your something from me that is handmade!! Ha, it may take that year afterall!! lol have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posts are always filled with so much fun Julie! Love it! Cool idea to get those glue dots in their place! Love your lo's. Your son looks soooo cute! Made me think of the guy in the video of "The Race" by Yellow - remember? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Julie, sweet friend...what a story to be told....how in the world did you fling a glue dot in your eye....The creation is stunning and I love that you got back in your pj's to craft!!! Love the Lo's and the pic of Miss Brookie is sooooo cute!!! Wishing you a great weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie you are TOO funny, and I meant to put this on your last post, but really 3A.M.!!!! What time do you go to bed? I'm glad your eyelids are okay. I love your layouts, especially the one about dressing up as Dale Sr. I loved "The intimidator"!! I got a signature from him when I was a kid and my dad took me to a race. I must have been about six yrs old. Anyway, have a great weekend sweetie:) Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, these are serious the cutest projects EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so funny! THat project for the potted plant is adorable!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. julie! i was rolling!!!! i woke up at 4 am and layed in bed awhile..then thought of you crafting at the butt-crack of dawn and decided i should take advantage of a day off and get going already (i'll make up with a nap time later), as i'm just in bed anxious about getting up and crafting anyways! what a geek i am! thanks for the giggles! i loved all those detailed photos!!!! i am inspired to do some halloweeny layouts now with the new papers i got!!!! happy day to you!!! and a great weekend too!!

    hugs,
    mo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok... you are dangerous. If I ever see that paper piecer come out while I'm there, I'm leaving the room. ;-( (That would be a smiley with a gluedot stuck in her eye).

    Totally lovin' the planter! Every single side of it, is ADORABLE! What a GREAT gift... even if you did almost end up with a permanently shut eye making it. LOL!

    That Nikki Sivils LO is TOOOO cute! ♥ that costume on Adam & you two are adorable in the photo! :-)

    Sweet "happy mail" from Hanneke! :-)

    Have a great weekend!

    Big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW...you are one dedicated crafter! Love your story so much and it turned out amazing!! She will love it!! Glad no one was hurt during this process (I guess frustration is all part of the creative process). Your memories of your Mother's kitchen warmed my heart....so many memories and I know you are making those with your kiddies as well, Brookie is adorable, you guys get the best pressies!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Hugs xOxO Nerina :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I forgot to mention that I loved the fact that with all of your rushing and crazyness, you still managed to get some great shots to share with us before you delivered you creation!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! PUT DOWN THE PAPER PIERCER AND STEP AWAY FROM THE GLUE DOTS!
    omg, thanks-I haven't laughed like that in some time, and the funny thing is I can totally see that happening to you! Too funny. Girl, how the hell do you get so much done? All of your projects are awesome, the layout is really cool and the planter box, I love it! So will your friend!!- for the life of me, I don't understand how you do it all. Oh, BTW, I'm sending you some safety glasses okay! love ya, deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahahahaha! Love that story. I'm glad it was just flying glue dots and not flying piercers...that would have been SCARY. I LOVE the planter project with the chipboard houses! Way too cute :)

    The your take on the sketch is too cute and I really love your room layout. Love all the layers and the stitching on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Julie....like everyone else I can't even imagine how you ever get a glue dot on your eyelid....not to speak about THREE times!!!You are so funny!
    Love your projekt...amazing!Wow...that is soooo creative with the plant in it!
    Wow..sweet happy mail,Hanneke is so sweet!
    Brookie is so gorgeous!
    LOve your LO!Beautiful photo's and design those papers look so cool with those pics and the embellies are sooo great..love those flags!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I must be so borrrrring - I just use my paper piercer to pierce paper, fabric, flowers, etc. but now I can see lots of possibilities!!!!LOL!!! I wish you had a video!!! Brooke is so cute and I love your layouts - and the "house" plant is awesome - what a cool gift!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay, she likes it!!! What a sweet pics!!! Love the LO's you made again!! And didn't I tell you 3 AM is not a good time yo get up, good thing you weren't working with staplers, hahahaha!!! Loooove the gift it is soooo darling and sweet, bet she loved it!!!
    And we are having some trouble with our laptop, and we have to bring it away to let sombody repair it, we are using an old computer now with no e-mail!!! I can only talk to you through internet, on my blog and ning!!! I'll let you kow when thing are normal again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that glue dot story is too funny....
    i can totally picture it in slow motion. :)
    loooove the new projects!! so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. girl that is soooooo hilarious! You are too funny!!!!!
    And loving the projects!! kick a@@ on the house plant holder! That is sooo awesome! and you KNOW I love me some milkcaps! lol
    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL, just like all the others, I'm wondering how it is possible to get glue dots on your eyelids not once, not twice, but three times, and just like all the others, I can totally picture it LOL!!!! You did manage to create an awesome project in the process though, what a great gift that makes!
    I love your LO's, especially the one for TAAFOMFT, I so love that title, that sure is one precious LO!
    Brookie looks totally adorable in those pics holding her latest toy, she's such a cutie!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Julie, i don't think you need a mirrow. i think you need a pair of goggles on your scrapbook table.
    i love your stories. you crack me up.
    the project is awesome. i know she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. lol What a story! I have issues like this all the time with my Tombow glue! lol Your final result looks worth the trouble!

    Love your layouts, you have the best detailing! So I need you to give me 1. sewing lessons and 2. scrapping lessons. lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. hehehehehe, Julie you don't exist!!!!!!!!!
    Love the results of the project, though, very very cute, I'm sure your friend will love this!!!

    Love your newst pages too and the cute photos of Brookie!!!!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  27. You crack me up with your "short" posts!! Great pages. get results to all yor projects. I wish I had more time to make such lovelies. I know even some stay at home mom's wish they had more time. I guess we all just use what time we have to be creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OK...so OBVIOUSLY I need to go back and get the suitcases???
    That is what EVERYONE IS SAYING, "I can't believe you didn't get the suitcases!!" lol
    And I am almost positive that they were both around $10.00 a piece.
    Not bad...just I don't "need" them...I WANT them! haha I am trying to not make as many "want" purchases. Trying to save.
    Ok, I am not going to go back and get them.
    I feel better.
    Thanks for the talk, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  29. ha
    ha
    ha
    i
    absolutely
    love
    you!
    yo
    are
    too
    funny
    and
    this
    is
    harder
    than
    it
    looks! lol

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG! THAT IS SO FUNNY I cant believe it kept on flipping onto your eye! Sorry I had to laugh - HEY YOU WON WOMAN ON MY BLOG! Let me know which one you want! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow.... That was a llong post. I love the Planter gift.... That is soooooo cute... Okay so about the glue dots.... How in the world did you manage to pop 3 in your eye!!!!! Okay I feel your pain....but that has to be the funniest story I have heard in a long time.... When are ya gonna write your book. All the stories, rantings and ravings of BMW girl....Love you!!!!Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha Julie, you are soooooooo funny!!!!!!
    I LOVE the story about the glue dots, hilarious!!! And I adore the project you made!!! Those Nikki Silvis papers are absolutely wonderful!!!! I envy you being on her DT!!
    And of course your other layouts are stunning, like always!! And Brookie is so adorable....
    I LOVED to read this post, Julie!
    Hugs, Jenneke

    ReplyDelete
  33. Trying to get back on top on my blog reading and loosing the battle quickly but just had to say one thing... I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG Julie, glue dots on your EYELIDS?!?!? Eeeek!
    I always struggle with those little boogers, I think I will try yout paper piercer technique next time! (and avoid the eye area while doing so...LOL)
    The new home plant holders are to die for! What a darling idea!
    Hope you had a great day, friend
    :)
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  35. ahaha, so fanny!!!Love your project and LO's!!!!!hugs

    ReplyDelete
  36. first how cute is that little house... love it... the lo's are fab... Like I said in sis... love love love the kitchen reminds me of mine growing up... love it!!!

    how happy Brookie looks... too too sweet... have a happy day all of you!!
    {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  37. what a great idea to use your paper piercer for glue dots!! I would have never thought of that!! Plus, i dont use mine for paper piercing either, now i can get some use out of it! lol.
    i loooove that plant holder and the los! youre doggie is soo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. OMG Julie!!! So so much to look at, ur planter is soooooo adorable, and that Nikki layout is fabulous, all the details, and those flags!!

    Love love your work!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. LOL!! You had me laughing my butt off!!! Those house planters were awesome !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)