Sunday, August 16, 2009

Where are all my TWILIGHT FANS!!!! And MORE EXCITING scrapping NEWS!!! :):):):):):):):)

Hi all!!!!!

What a WEEKEND it has BEEN soooooooooooo far!!!! :):):):):):):):):):)

Yesterday....I went to a Twilight Convention with my friends grandson (who is also a TWILIGHT freak like me!!! LOL).....and I will share those photos in just a second.....but I wanted to share some EXCITING SCRAPPING NEWS FIRST!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):) Yesterday, while I was at the convention....I got a call from Nikki Sivils....the owner of Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker....where I am on the DT....and she had the MOST EXCITING news for me!!!!!!! MY LO (scrap page) that I made for Nikki's team and went the CHA show for Nikki's booth was RECOGNIZED by the folks at CREATING KEEPSAKES MAGAZINE ..... and FEATURED on the magazines BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE IT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? When Nikki told me.....I am standing outside at the Twilight convention where it is a NICE AND HOT 115 DEGREES in Phoenix, Arizona and I GET GOOSEBUMPS because I am sooooooooooooooooo THRILLED!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! I was soooooooooo happy that NOT only did Creating Keepsakes recognize Nikki's products....but also chose my LO to show!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)



I am still STOKED over this!!!!! But now....for some TWILIGHT photos!!!!!! My DT at These are a Few of My Favorite Things knew I was going to this....and have been bugging me to show photos....but hehehehehehehehe....I took OVER 300 photos at the event (long story....but we didn't have really close seats and I wasn't sure which ones would turn out "good"...sooooooooo I just took a ton and assumed I would figure it all out later!! LOL)....sooooooooo I have been editing all morning!!!! :):):):) At first...I was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy EXCITED about this event....because the actors that play Emmett, Alice and Jasper where supposed to be there....but then on this past Thursday we got notice that THEY HAD ALL CANCELED because they had to be in Vancouver to start rehearsals for Eclipse....and YES, they had replacements, but I was like, really????? That is who the replacements are???? BUT....after seeing them and listening to them....it was ACTUALLY an AMAZING TIME!!!!! All the stars that appeared were WONDERFUL, FUNNY and VERY GRACIOUS with their time!!!! Me and Tyler (my friends grandson) even got a photo op with Edi Gathegi (Laurent from Twilight and New Moon) ....but sadly....we can't even get them mailed to us until August 31st! Oh well....we will have them, just not yet!! LOL :):):):):):):):):)

Sooooooooooo here are the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Me and Tyler!!! (I think I was the ONLY person there WITHOUT a TWILIGHT shirt on!! LOL) :):):)





And these were our Hosts for the event.....they are "The Hillywood Show" folks....and they became "famous" when they did a Twilight Spoof Movie....IF U HAVEN'T seen this....U soooooooooooooooooooo SHOULD....IT IS HILARIOUS!!!!!! See it HERE ON YOU TUBE!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

"Edward and Bella"





"Jasper"



"Jasper and Alice"



And....."Jasper" was taking questions from the audience and he sat right in front of Me & Tyler! :):):):):):)







And the actor Michael Welch (Mike Newton from the movie) was there....and he was sooooooooooooooooo ADORABLE and FUNNY!!!! Of course....I truly think he needed a chill pill (LOL!) because he WOULD NOT stop moving!!! LOL!!! I think the entire time he was up there....he sat ONLY ONCE!!!! LOL :):):):):)



A fan in the audience asked him to re-create his "dance" that he did outside the cafe window in the scene with Billy and Bella having dinner.....and LOL! he did! :):):):):):):)



And here a fan had asked him to give one of us his water bottle....and LOL!!! again HE DID! Funny thing is....A GUY CAUGHT IT!!! LOL :):):):):):):):):)





He was really FUNNY and NICE.....and for the longest time...I kept thinking...I know he is YOUNG....but he must have an old soul...because he kept making references to Jim Morrison, Queen, and other "older" musicians....and I thought that was pretty cool that his range for music just doesn't involve new artists that are out there today! :):):):):):):):):):):)



Next up was Edi Gathegi (Laurent from Twilight and New Moon)....and he WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!! He just kept us laughing soooooooooooooooooo HARD! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)







And THEN THEN THEN a fan asked him to CALL ANYONE from the MOVIE!!!! AND he DID!!!!!! He put his phone right up to the microphone....and U WILL NEVER EVER GUESS WHO HE CALLED!!!!!! He called STEPHENIE MEYER .... the AUTHOR of the BOOKS!!!!!! He was telling her that we all wanted to talk to the actors....and she laughed and said that they all were in the middle of viewing the New Moon movie and couldn't talk!!!! LOL :):):):):):):):):)





Then came the WOLVES!!!!!!! These GUYS WERE HILARIOUS!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!! There was Gil Birmingham (Billy Black), Chaske Spencer (Sam in New Moon), and Alex Meraz (Paul from New Moon)!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):) These guys had the girls SCREAMING (for joy of seeing them of course) and JUST all of US LAUGHING! :):):):):):):):):):):):)









And here is Me & Tyler in front of the Werewolves and Vampire signs they had there!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)









All in all...it was an AWESOME EVENT!!!!!! And Me & Tyler are all ready talking about GOING next YEAR! :):):):):):):):):):):):)





Ok.....and IF U ARE STILL WITH ME.....I have some MORE things to share!!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):) Our NEW CHALLENGE IS UP at These are a Few of my Favorite Things....and this time we wanna see a LO, card or altered project about YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE or MOVIE QUOTE! :):):):):):):):):) Hope U all can play along!!!! :):):):):):):):):) I used a QUOTE from Ferris Bueller's Day Off..."Life Moves Pretty Fast"....and YES!!!! That is LITTLE OLE ME on that SWING with MY MOUTH WIDE OPEN!!! LOL!!!!!!! And just a side note....Yes, I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee Ferris Bueller....but SERIOUSLY....the other night I was flipping channels on the TV and see this movie on the AMC (American Movie Classics) channel!!!!!! Nooooooooooooo....I am NOT OLD ENOUGH for that MOVIE to be considered a CLASSIC!!!! UGH!!!!!! That channel is supposed to be for "Gone with the Wind," "Cassablanca" etc etc etc....NOT MOVIES from the '80's!!!! OUCH....that makes me FEEL OLD!!! LOL!! :):):):):):):):):)





And the last....but never the least thing I want to share is the LO I made for the latest Cafe Mojo Challenge!!!! This time we wanna see some BLUE and BROWN!!!! Hope U can play along!! :):):):):):) My title is, "Cousins - Retro Style" and this is ME (in the middle), my cousin Mike and my Brother Steve...wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the day....and NOPE...I ain't gonna tell U when the photo was taken!!! LOL!! :):):):):):):):):) I used a lot of vintage goodies that Amy M. and Amy J. sent me!!! Thanks GIRLS! :):):):):):):):):):):)





And if U read this ENTIRE POST....I love U more than I did YESTERDAY!!!! LOL!!! LOVE TO ALL!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

39 comments:

  1. whohoooooo, sounds like you had an AWESOME time in the convention... All those celebrities from the movie, all the people, I'm impressed :). I only wish there were moro photos of YOU :(
    Congrats on the featured layout, you rock!!
    Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super super day you had - congrats congrats on the CK website pub - you so deserve it!!! the convention sounds pretty cool and I love your Ferris layout
    Always, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo!! To You!!! It was as exciting for me too, that we were recognized on the CK Blog!!

    Okay that convention looked like a blast!!! (love that you had on a SBing t-shirt @ a Twilight convention!!) Great pics and TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for your Twilight pics! You two look sooo cute & I ♥ the SIS tee! :-) I don't know any of the actors/replacements b/c I've never seen the show or movie! LOL!

    Awesome & adorable LO's... YAY for These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things!!!! :-)

    And YAY, YAY, YAY for your LO on CK mag blog! You ROCK! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am not surprised...we all know you are awesome, but that's soooo AMAZING!!! CONGRATS GIRL!!! CK IS LUCKY to have ya featured! ;) ;)
    and Twilight convention!!!??? DANG...JEALOUSY!!! that kid looks exactly like Jasper in the movie...very very cool you got to go to this...going to watch the spoof now, per your suggestion!! lol
    yaayyy Julie!!! whooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congrats Julie!Wow featered on the CK blog..awesome!!!
    I love the Twilight photo's!And I love your Ferris Bueller lO and the cousins LO so much vintage goodies and such a adorable photo!Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoooHoooDeeeDooEeeeee!!! Congrats on the LO on CK... it's one of my fav's... Yahoo!!! As for the Twilight... how awesome is that!!! You are such a lucky girl!!! I also have to say again... like I did on sis... I love the lo's of you & your cousins... and the ferris bueller is the cutest!!! As always... your stuff is just the bomb... I love seeing everything you do... can't wait for more!!! Have a fab day!!!
    {{HUGS}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh Julie!! CONGRATS on being featured on the CK Blog! That is so totally EXCITING :) Hooray!

    Looks like you had an awesome time at the Twilight convention! I'm loving your layouts! I am still thinking about what movie(s) I want to do my faves page on.

    Congrats again on CK :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well first off.....CONGRATS TO YOU on the Creating Keepsake GIG....I am so very happy for you!!!!! Love all the pics and YAY for your SHIRT! I just adore you LO for the Favorite Movie and the Cafe Mojo is stunning....those are my favorite colors!!!!!! So glad that you had a FABULOUS Weekend!!!! Love ya girlie!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loooove all those pics, wish I could have been there!! Cause I TOTALLY LOOOOOOOVE the book, I almost finished it (probably tonight in bed)I just can't stop reading (that is why I wasn't around so much, I blame you hahaha)I am going to watch the movie Tuesday (when I am alone) on the pay channel!!!! Thanks so much for telling about this book!!!
    Love you! !!!

    Oh, and I love the LO's you made as ever!!!X

    ReplyDelete
  11. again, congrats on being recognized on CK's blog! :) how awesome is that?!

    glad that you posted those pics from the twilight convention :) looks like you two had an amazing time. i also liked your shirt (i have the same one too!) haha.

    anyway, hope you have a wonderful day!

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear girl! You are amazing and full of surprises!!!
    Nice things happen to nice people!!! And I so glad they are happening to you!! YAY to your future publication!!! You are really rockin' girl!!!
    Love your LO's and Love your energy!! Its soooo positive to visit here!!
    Glad you had a fab fab fab time at Twilight!!!
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the CK regcognition. Loving the layouts Missy J2. I'm not a twilight fan here so skimmed thought the twilght part of you post but did get to the end. Still love me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. thats a great one, I hope to find the time to do this one, Love the hope floats quote Just give hope a chance to float up, And it will! I think you have it on your blog actually or you use too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATS ON THE GOOD NEWS! Awesome job on being feature on the CK site. You rock! Awesome photos from the Twilight event and fabulous photos!

    p.s
    I love you more then yesterday too :)

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness!! You rock! Congratulations on the CK Magazine! And how cool to see all the pics from Twilight!

    I miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you had a good time. My daughter is totally green with envy. How fun is it to go to such an event and have a good time too. Good for you!!! Love the LO's. You are on a roll!!! And by the way...I read the full post...LOL...good stuff you got going on here.
    Hugs,
    ME

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the CK blog layout! How exciting is that?!? And how cool it must have been to have gone to the Twilight Convention! Where was it at? Are you planning on going to the midnight screening of New Moon?

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg, I'm Here! I'm here! You are SO adorable! I wish I was at that convention, and my son too- how fun!!!!!!!! And CK, well, I'm not surprised one bit, you are so talented. Thanks for sharing the photos, me and my son enjoyed looking at them! xOxO deb

    ReplyDelete
  20. congrats on the CK toot!!! Whoo hooo

    ReplyDelete
  21. How flippin fun are you and your pics .. love them and reading this long ass post .. so you know I love you LMAO ..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Looks like you had soooo much fun! Love your SIS T-shirt - I bet everybody thought it was cool too! :)

    No wonder CK grabbed up your LO - it's super cute! I share in your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so envious - a twilight convention - glad you enjoyed it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. So, seems to me you had a lot of fun!! GREAT pictures!!

    Congrats on the CK blog layout!!!!! you deserve it, that page is gorgeous!!

    And I'm so thrilled that the 3rd Challenge of TAAFOMFT is up!! Looking forward to see what everyone is going to create!

    Hug, Jenneke

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on the CK recognition...and sounds like you had a GREAT time at the Twilight convention!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the CK recognition...and sounds like you had a GREAT time at the Twilight convention!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on being featured, that is awesome! Glad you had fun at the convention, gorgeous layouts as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMGoodness!!! You must have had the time of your life. First of all, laughter is such good medicine for the soul. Add to that the thrill of YOU getting to attend anything Twilight related...OMGoodness x 10!!! Thanks for sharing all the pics and all the details! I was anxious to hear how it went.

    You know I love your movie LO...and I love that movie too. You are such an adorable little thing in that photo!!! Also loving your Cafe Mojo LO...you did a fantastic job with that color combo!

    Now on to the super duper big time news....YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! for being featured in CK!!! That is wonderful! Of course, I'm not the least surprised...you work is always incredible!

    Hope you are having a great Monday so far. I'm struggling to get my footing after the major moving this weekend. But all is good! Love ya! L

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on the CK blog pub!! That's too cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is such an exciting post!! How fantastic that your layout made the blog! Love it! The convention looks like a great time! So fun! Love your pics, oh and wolves are HOTT!! And the new lo's rock! Love that you were able to use the Bingo pieces together, it looks perfect!! Your scrappy style has really evolved in the last year! Have a fabulous week! XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a bunch of awesome stuff. Way to go on being in the mag!! The Twilight Geek's convention looks like a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love all of your new LO's and HUGE Congrats on the CK Blog!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW! What a great time you had at the convention:) I love twiight!! I couldn't pull myself away from reading those books and the movie was great:) Congrats on being on CK blog...so amazing. And great layouts!! Have a great week! Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG I came over here to Thank you for leaving such great comments on my blog...and wow i can't leave your blog. I couldn't stop reading about twilight... I can't wait for New Moon. The wolves are HOT HOT HOT...And you scrap like a mad woman. I am so jealous. I wish I had more time to scrap. I push myself to do one layout a week, you must do like 10 =) Thanks again Julie for always leaving great remarks on my blog. Each of your comments always brings a smile to my face.
    =) bucket

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats on the LO that is awesome news beautiful lady!!!
    Kathie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  36. OMG! I love the pictures! Stephanie MEYER!?! THat is a bummer that Alice et all couldn't come. I would have been so bummed.
    Congrats on the dt! I love Ferris TOOOOOOOO. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wowwww....Love the pictures Julie...congrats on being recognized on CK's blog...

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello my gorgeous friend! Congrats on the Mag pickup!!! WOW!!! That is super SUPER exciting!!!

    Seems like forever since i read your blog, seems like forever since I have sat and read most blogs. Hope the week has started out ok, been thinking of you and hope there are lots of :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. That convention looks like a pure blast!!!!! Love all of the photos too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)