Thursday, July 16, 2009

Today was Brookie's 8th surgery....and it didn't go soooooooo smooth! :(

Hi all....

Wanted to share with everyone that today was Brookie's 8th laser surgery for her Port Wine Stains...and this time...wasn't as "smooth" as they have been in the past :( Before she was "fully" awake...she was thrashing all over in the recovery room bed, her arms and legs going through the bars of the railings they have on the bed...and several times she made me a little nervous with her arm swinging around, I thought she might pull her IV out by mistake...broke my heart...and now that she is home...she is all swollen...that doesn't usually happen until day 2 and 3 after the surgery....soooooooo to see it on day one...makes me a little sad :( ......sooooooooo if U could keep Brookie in your prayers...I would truly appreciate it! :):):):):):)

Here are some photos from today :):):)

Daddy and Brookie checking in and getting her "bracelet" :):):):):)



This one is ALL for ADAM!!!! Brookie's big brother used to loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee BUZZ LIGHTYEAR and here he was in hospital play area!!! So, I asked Brookie to yell, "BUZZ LIGHTYEAR" as she held him so we could show Adam later!!! Obviously she did! :):):):):):):):):):):)





And here my little artist! :):):):):):)



And here is Miss Brookie home and a little swollen...but STILL smiling for Mama!!! :)



And I want to share this next thing...not as a PRAISE to myself...because for those that KNOW me....I am NOT one to be in the limelight...I give all others credit before taking any myself....but I wanted to share that last week while dealing with all the break-in crap....I got tired of the phone and the computer and went and literally GUTTED out my scrap room....and PURGED THREE file BOXES of stash that I have been hoarding FOREVER...and I thought, "What the HECK am I gonna do with all of this STUFF????" I know that a blogger friend of mine, Jane Smith had awarded me some of her scrap stash with the condition that I get some of mine and give it to someone...which I did...JACQUE won that...and then Jacque carried on the tradition too!!!! But, I was like...."Seriously THREE FILE BOXES of stash...that is A LOT of postage to my friends...that I just can't afford right now with all the insurance deductibles I have to come up right now!!" (I love U guys...but I have to watch my pennies right now!!! LOL)......soooooooo I thought...I'm really lucky that Brookie's surgeries are only outpatient procedures...HOWEVER, there are HUNDREDS of kids that are in that HOSPITAL (its a childrens hospital) for DAYS, WEEKS, MONTHS at a time...and I bet they could use a donation like this! :):):) Soooooooooo.....I called earlier this week and asked for the donation department, and I was RIGHT....they HAVE A CRAFT ROOM for the KIDS!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!! Soooooooo...I asked them if I could bring the THREE FILE BOXES with me today when I came down...and THEY SAID YES!!!!! So that's what we did!!!!!!!! Soooooooooo the VERY LONG MORAL to this STORY IS....if U have the DESIRE/URGE/TIME to purge your craft room and JUST WANNA GET RID of all those PAPER and EMBELLIES that U have been HOARDING FOREVER....call your local Childrens Hospital (or any hospital for that matter) and ask them if they could use a DONATION! :):):):):) Best part is....U get a receipt for your taxes for a DONATION and HECK....even BETTER....IT MAKES U FEEL AWESOME...knowing that some child and his or her family are GONNA have those WONDERFUL scrap supplies to capture memories with! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Ok...public service announcement over...LOL!!! LOVE U guys...and thanks for taking the time to read that! :):):):):):):)

The real last QUICK thing I wanna share is THIS AWESOME photo that my dear friend DEANA sent me today.....LOL LOL LOL....she knows I don't drink...but BASICALLY the caption on my email from her was...."If U did drink...I bet it would be this!!!" .... HOW COOL IS THIS?!?!?! And HOW MUCH DOES DEANA KNOW ME?!?!?! LOL LOL LOL....Thanks Deana for the laugh today...I soooooooooooooo needed it! :):):) LOVE U GIRL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)




LOVE TO ALL! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

26 comments:

  1. Awww. Poor little Brooke. What a trooper to go through so many of those surgeries. I will keep her in my prayers :)

    That is good to know about the children's hospital. I have a lot of craft things I've been purging and through I'd like to donate them somewhere. I'll definitely keep them in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMgoodness... Brookie is one sweet & tough little cookie. She is sooo darn beautiful, too! She is in my prayers today & always... :-)

    Yeah, so I was walking through Trader Joes today & came upon that wine display & had to take a photo & email it to you right on the spot. TWO employees came up to me while I was trying to type & send it, to ask me if I needed help finding something. I was like, "Um, no. I'm in the middle of something here. Do I look like I'm lost?" LOL! :-)

    I sent the photo to Bob, too, & typed, "The perfect "bad day" bottle." LOL! :-)

    Hugs ♥...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jullie, you and your family are on my mind since your message on SIS, and now what I see that little brooke of you, I hop see is doing better, must be hard to see your daughter like this and struggle......send you my love

    hugs Dora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Course we will keep Brookie in our prayers...she just an amazing beautiful little girl,givng you a smile like that after such a hard day!
    You are so sweet to donate your stash...wonderful idea Julie!

    Take care!Love,Jeanet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww Bless Brooke's heart she is one amazing kid and still smiling that's fab. Sending her massive hugs and keeping her in my prayers. xx

    Also what a lovely and fab thing to donate to the hospital crafts that's wicked and i bet there so pleased.

    Keep your chin up my lovely and massive (((hugs))) to you

    Much Love Katy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh, my heart breaks when I see that picture of Brookie, totally red and swollen and still smiling.... Julie, it most be so hard for you (and Brian too!) to see your little girl suffer.. Wishing you all a lot of strength these days!!!
    And it's so sweet of you to bring all your stash to the children's hospital!!!
    Have a good weekend!!
    Hugs, Jenneke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Missy B this is for you

    MWAHHHH and a big big hug too. Thinking of you and thefamily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor little Brookie. What a trooper she is to let you take her picture. That is awesome that you were able to give all your goodies to the hospital. Your trash is always someone else's treasure! And that wine/alcohol definitely fits you. But you'd need about 20 bottles to equal all the smilies you put in 1 blog post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Brookie, I hope the swelling goes down soon! That's a wonderful donation you made, they will really enjoy using those supplies so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Little Brookie is so darn cute...these photos always break my heart, but it's a good thing. Beauty takes pain whether it's birth marks (I call them angel kisses) or shoes. wink, wink.

    Also, the donation...seriously...you are amazing. when you get shit on, you always think positive and I love that about you. I am honored to know you. Great story. I hope you took picts of the boxes before you took them in, because that is definitely worth scrapping. It may spark someone else to do the same for little ones.

    MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending Brookie a soft Hug from me!!! She is so brave!!!!!! What a great thing to do with the children's hospital!!!! Have a great one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry Brooke's having a tough time... Will be thinking of her!!!....And great idea about the craft stuff - I recently donated some stuff to one of our local libraries - those things are really appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww your Brookie is so brave! i'll definitely keep her in my prayers. hugs for you too:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww your Brookie is so brave! i'll definitely keep her in my prayers. hugs for you too:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Sweetheart. So sorry to hear about Brookie. You're all always in my thoughts. Love you and miss you. L

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK, I have very limited internet service so I'm hoping this goes through. First of all, sweet, sweet little Brookie...what a trooper. That little girl is destined for great things. Going through this and still smiling...she truly melts and breaks my heart at the same time. Hope the recovery is a speedy one. Please pass a hug to her and to yourself from me. And you can bet she is in my prayers.

    Love your donation suggestion. I have at least 3 file boxes from my recent purge. I've given some away already but I've been waiting for THE perfect place to pass on the rest. You just answered that question for me.

    Thinking of you and sending my love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brookie is defintely in my prayers!! im sure she will do just fine she is a strong little girl! :) LOVE that they have arts and crafts for those children, so great and im sure they will enjoy your donation thoroughly!! and those bottles how freaking cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohhh poor brookie, that photo of her after surgery just broke my heart. ill keep her in my prayers, i hope she heals fast, poor little girl! :(
    that is so awesome that you donated your old scrap stuff to the childrens hospital, that is sooo sweet of you! I bet you feel awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Julie! Big (((HUGS))) to everyone. Praying for a quick recovery for Brookie and strength for Mommy;) Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I soo forgot to mention the deadline for Forward Progress. It ends the 15th of next month...LOTS of time to play along. It would be incredible if you could play along with us...not to mention I would be most appreciative!!!!!!!!!! Don't know if you noticed, but I made a boo-boo on my blog...if you click on my Forward Progress link in my post...ummmmm, well, you end up at These Are A Few of My Favorite Things!?!?!?! I'm such a dork sometimes! LOL!!! Talk with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Poor little Brookie, I hope she knows what a beautiful little girl she really is, inside and out! That is a great idea to donate to the hospital! I used to donate to the Special Olympics in Iowa when they had sales and I have since cleaned out again and am working on filling a box! Have a great weekend! Dont drink the smiley wine!! You never know whats inside!

    ReplyDelete
  22. aww bless little brookie!!! sending her huge hugs and all my positive healing vibes - i hope she gets better quickly.

    how sweet of you to donate your stash instead - that's a lovely thing to do xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dang girl .. I am sitting here just weaping because man I understand how you feel as a mama and to have to see your sweet lil angle like that just breaks my heart. I am HAPPY that she did in fact come out of the procedure but man poor lil tough girl .. Keep your head up sweets .. and she is in my prayers!

    That is a great thing you did, not about praise girl .. when you do something good in life you should not be ashamed to admit that and not care what other people think, someone is always going to think negative WHO CARES .. most are just upset that they did not come up with the idea FIRST .. who cares .. YOU DID A GREAT THING donating those supplies, I myself and getting ready to give away BOXES of stuff .. and I have to take a pic cuz hubs does not believe I can do it LMAO .. go figure .. but yah girl .. so it is all good .. good for you ..

    and love those bottles ..

    I also want to say thank you for always visiting everyone and commenting on our blogs, it is amazing how much time you have to dedicate to your readers and others blogs .. that to me is pretty awesome ..

    SASHA

    ReplyDelete
  24. Julie, Sorry I haven't kept up as I should. I will try to make it here more regularly.

    Sorry to hear Brookie's procedure didn't go as planned but she'll bounce back!! Hy heart goes out to you and yours!!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  25. :(
    I'm so sorry!!! Poor little Brookie. She is so incredibly brave and you have to be so proud of her....
    Sending both of you hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. :(
    I'm so sorry!!! Poor little Brookie. She is so incredibly brave and you have to be so proud of her....
    Sending both of you hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)