Sunday, January 18, 2009

One Little Word...EMBRACE...and an ADORABLE Brookie story to share! :):):):):):)





Hi all.....

Here is my entry for OLW's latest challenge...using the word embrace!!! Every since I took this photo of Brookie on New Years Eve....I couldn't wait to scrap it! :):):):):):) Thought this title was perfect for this photo! :):):):):):):):):) And I have to thank Brian for helping me make this page....hehehehehe...the alphas I used are white...and I was inking them pink...and since I didn't want to mess up all the letters I was using and my FINGERS were covered in PINK INK...he was kind enough to hand me each letter to work with, so that I didn't mess the others up!!!! Thanks dear for the assistance!!! LOVE U! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Ok....so I have an ADORABLE story to share!!!!! Last night....Brookie pulls out the "BIG" lego blocks she got for Christmas!!!! Now, to give some history here....ADAM is a LEGO FANATIC!!!!! I wouldn't be surprised if he designed them himself one day....and Brookie KNOWS that Adam (or as she calls him ABUM....cuz she can't say his name!!! LOL) LOVES LEGOS.... She starts to build....I come in the room to capture the moment....and I say to her.....

Me: "Brookie, are you making a building with Brookie's big girl legos?"

Brookie....literally with a SERIOUS look on her face: "No, Mama.....Abum has Legos....these Brookie's blocks!"

Me: "Ohhhhhh....so these aren't LEGOS?"

Brookie...AGAIN...completely serious look on her face: "Abum has LEGOS....Brookie has blocks...make building with them!"

And she went on to finish her building!!! LOL :):):):):):):):):):) And U can TELL how TALL this little girl is getting by the size of her "building"! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

LOVE TO ALL! :):):):):):)

20 comments:

  1. JULIE!!!!!!!!!!!This is so gorgeous! I love it! Everything about the colors, the detail, the little princess! Just FAB!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting tall!! I love how she was so adamant that they're called: Brookie's Blocks not legos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, Julie, what a great story about Brookie and her 'blocks'!!!
    Before you know it, little girls turn into 'big'girls with their own opinion, LoL.! I love the pictures you made of her!
    And I love your layout!!! Those pink letters are perfect! Not to mention that hilarious photo of Brookie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brookie is just tooo cute!!!Love her!!!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha..that is such a funny story!!! She the sweetest!!! Love your LO for OLW it's gorgeous!! Made something for Scrapping across the Universe but i can't upload anything at the moment (don't know what's wrong with my computer, but i hate it!!)I'll try it again tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS !!!!!!! I just love eveything about this LO. Just perfect. And your little girl is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your OLW layout! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo cute!! I love that story and I love your layout!! You are rockin girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol! lol! such a fun story!!
    beautiful LO!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kids love to build,too! Fun pictures!
    -sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh.. just love the orange and pink combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous lo Julie! I love that little story about legos :)..hehehehe. I love to hear what kids say.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Page - I am WOWed. I remember my daughter making things with her legos - what memories - she is now 24 with kids of her own. Embrace those moments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your layout here is so adorable! The embellies, the photo...wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I really extra love this layout from you!!! MUAH

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the tips-I'm about to try it! Thanks for awarding me too! Your Brookie is too cute, and it sounds as though she keeps you smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello my friend. i have so much to catch up on! i am so sorry about your friend Jimmy. it's great that you guys have such wonderful, fun memories with him.
    it's always so much fun to meet our SiSters irl. how fun. i loved the layout of your Grandpa Thomas. what an awesome photo to have and the great stories your mom tells you. be sure to write them down. my grandma would tell me family stories all the time and i thought i would always remember them (esp. because she'd tell me the same ones over and over, but sad to say, my memory fails me. the layout for scrapstars is awesome. i love your resolution. that's a great one.
    i can't believe how big Brookie is getting! she is a real cutie. the embrace layout is just too adorable. i tend to buy white alpha because i know it's easy to alter them. it's more fun that way, isn't it?
    can't wait to talk to you tomorrow.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  18. The LO is just PERFECT, just like Brookie!!!! Loved the story, aren't these the times that make you smile!!! Brookie knew what she was working with and made that very clear!!! Love to you sweet friend!!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. waay too cute, love the story, and love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  20. waay too cute, love the story, and love the layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)