Friday, January 9, 2009

In Loving Memory of Our Friend Jimmy Detterline......






Hi all.....

Yesterday, Brian got news that his very good friend Jimmy had passed away. This is an EXTREMELY sad time for our family. We all loved Jimmy to no end. He had the biggest heart, the BEST sense of HUMOR....and he was just an amazing man to our family and to others that knew him.

He bowled with Brian, and last night our friends Mitch and Angela (who were also friends with Jimmy) came over and with a little help from my brother Steve....we were able to get some photos off of a bowling tournament DVD that Brian and Jimmy had been in together.

I remember when I first met Jimmy. He had a smile that lit up a ROOM! He always had a laugh on his lips and a funny story to share!!! Here I was, Brian's "new" girlfriend....and he treated me and Adam like part of the family. He gave Adam his first softball and glove, and would go into the softball fields and practice with him. He WOULD SPOIL Adam too!!! LOL If there was a video game or one of those toy claw machines within 20 feet of Jimmy and Adam.....Jimmy would shove $5.00 at Adam and tell him to go have some FUN! :):):):):)

Here is the information that I found on Jimmy this morning (with the help of Angela and Mitch...thanks guys!) in the local paper.........

"Detterline, Jimmy Ray
age 50 of Buckeye, AZ, left this world at his home on January 6, 2009, following a courageous battle with Congestive Heart Failure, and COPD. Jimmy was born in San Jose, CA, October 11, 1958 to Ray Detterline and the late Sharon Detterline Lincoln. Jimmy loved and was fantastic at all sports. He played baseball, bowled, fished, and hunted. He bowled a perfect 300 game and an 800 series. He got a bull elk on his first outing last year. Jimmy loved all children; he enjoyed teaching and playing sports with them especially all his nieces and nephews. Jimmy leaves behind his spiritual soul mate, Paulette Sisson; his father, Ray Detterline; stepmother, Rose Detterline; three sisters, Becky Ricci Castro of Fremont, CA, Donna James of Concordia, KS, and Dori Stefani of Ben Lomond, CA. He also leaves behind two sons, Christopher and Jonathan, and two daughters, Noel and Tiffany."

We love and MISS you Jimmy.....Rest in Peace...........

20 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! Congrats on the DT!!! You are most deserving! SO excited for you:)
    Happy New Year my Beautiful Friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or rather my Beautiful Twin:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about your friends passing, my step mother died in October from COPD. I know how hard it is - please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is going on??? This week a few bloggers have lost a pet, friend or someone special! I really don't like to read about these things... It just makes me really sad, I'm so so sorry Julie about your friend's loss. Hugs to you from me :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry for your loss.

    You're in my thoughts & prayers for more than 1 reason now... :-)

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you found me, but shame on me... Everytime I saw a post from you at some blog, I thought to myself that I had to check out your blog but ended up forgetting, sorry :) But now you're on my roll and I'll come back here all the time!
    And it makes me sad to know about your friend, Julie, he seemed to be a very special person...
    Hugs to you, my friend, you're in my thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss!!! Keeping you all in my prayers!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Julie, I'm so sorry for your loss. Also my condoleances to your husband, it is so sad for him to loose such a good friend..
    Hugs to you and your family!
    You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. :(
    I'm so sorry.....
    I'm here if you need me.
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. {{{{{{{{HUGS Julie}}}}}}}}}
    I feel so sad for you and yours. I love the way you all came together for one another.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry to hear about your friend passing away. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie,
    I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of Jimmy. Please pass my condolences on to your husband.

    Thinking of your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry to hear about your friend passing away. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and Brian!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, I am so sorry for your loss. He was so young and I am sure had a lot more living to do!!! I will be praying for you, his family and all his friends!!! SO sad! Hope you are feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so sorry about your friend julie. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. You are all in my thoughts!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julie, so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

    (((( HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Julie, Im so sorry for your guys lost. My prayers and thoughts are with you all andhis family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so sorry for your los!!
    Keep you all in my thoughts!!

    {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so strange to do this but I am Noel Jimmy was my father. I dont know anyting about him. I cant seem to get my family to tell me anything about him. Could you please email me at noel_alise@yahoo.com and maybe tell me something about him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)